Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Troubles with HS 5245

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 10:48 PM
HighSierra
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troubles with HS 5245

Mike,

I just received a pair of HS 5245's which are having troubles. They seem to "glitch" for lack of a better word, or they jump occasionally. It happens randomly when making very fine and smooth stick movements on both directions when all of a sudden usually towards center they jump. It happens with only one hooked up to the RX all alone, with both of them hooked up on different channels, and it causes all the analog servos to jump as well when it happens. When I do thge same movements with an analog servo (hs 225 for instance) it's smooth as silk. I've tried them on different RX's with the same TX (Futaba r127df, and an 8uafs), as well as a completly different RX and TX setup and still the same problem. I even tested the on channel 5 (gear switch) just to make sure it wasn't my fingers jumping, and after a few cycles of back and forth they glitch. I've only got 6 volt batteries so I have no way to see if it happens at 4.8 volts

The sticker on the 5245's says "MAR 02"

THanks for the help

HSH
Old 10-29-2002, 05:25 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

I have not heard of that issue before. A 6V pack should be fine with the servo, maybe the Futaba receiver doesn't like it.

Let me know if the 4.8V pack makes any difference.

Mike.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:38 PM
HighSierra
My Feedback: (2)

Mike,

I made up a 4.8 volt pack out of some alkali batteries and the the 5245's were smooth as silk....but it still glitches or jumps at 6 volts. I even tried 2 other 6 volt packs, as well as a Hitec RX, and still had the same results with he problems only happening at 6 volts. I figure I've got to send them in . How long is the turn around ?? I (like everyone building a new plane) need them yesterday!

Thanks for the help!

Nick
Old 10-30-2002, 04:39 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

5-7 working days plus shipping.

Mike.