Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Gear sets HS-85BB Vs HS-85 MG

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 06:39 PM
niche
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear sets HS-85BB Vs HS-85 MG

I have Hitec servos HS 85 BB (plastic gears) , and I want to convert them to metal gear by using the gear set for HS-85MG instead
can I just go straight and use the metal gear set ?, will they fit in my HS 85BB?
Thanks in advance for the help provided
Regards
Niche
Old 12-01-2005, 06:47 PM
ej6coupe

Default RE: Gear sets HS-85BB Vs HS-85 MG

Hello Niche,

Yes this will work just fine. The servos are the same and the metal gear set will drop right in.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:32 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Gear sets HS-85BB Vs HS-85 MG

Niche

The metal and nylon gear-sets of the HS85 are interchangeable. However the primary output gear is one and the same. If you have had issue with this specific gear changing over to metal gears will be of little consequence for durability.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:34 AM
Zxen

The centre pin of the three gear columns rips the plastic housing hole causing the gears to tilt and buzz. Fixing this hole nicely is impossible but if you're desperate try melting the plastic around the pin with a hot screwdriver to give the pin some purchase, but don't make it lumpy. Otherwise, Hitec HS-BB servos are way too weak for what you need. Buy servos that have been tested to have a higher holding torque rating. Loose pins holding the gears in place is a ridiculous mounting method, but its what all the hobby servo manufacturers seem to do