Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec 56 servos

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 04:05 PM
mikegordon10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 56 servos

I just recieved a bunch of Hitec 56 Servos. on the sero case is a picture of ????? with a big X thru it. I can't figure out what is verboten. Any ideas????
Old 12-28-2005, 10:37 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec 56 servos

Mike

I don't have any information on the "X" and the 56's, sorry. I'll see if I can't dig a little deeper and get back to you.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:40 AM
mikegordon10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, it almost looks like the servo mounted in whatever position with a big X thru it. It's a sticker on each of the 11 -56's I just recieved. I've used this line of servo in the past and the sticker wasn't on those. I'm sure it was put on at the factory.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:48 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it possible there is a trash can with the X on it? I understand that as of late there is a movement in European countries requiring electronic components to be recycled and this distinguishes weather or not the item can be thrown in the trash or not.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Randy Smith

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

mglavin is correct. The label on the servo is called a Wheelie Bin label and is part of the European Union environmental directive for all electronics manufacturers. The icon on the label is a trash can on wheels with an 'X' through it. ie. Do not throw in the trash, but dispose of electronics with a proper recycler. The idea is to keep lead out of our world landfills. Europe is leading this charge.

You will begin to see this label on ALL electronic products that are sold into the EU countries. Manufacturers are banned from selling to the EU without this label.

I work for a large telecom and networking company and we are in the midst of having to comply with the EU environmental directives.

Randy