Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Royal Evo 9 discontinued ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 09:36 PM
YSJunkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal Evo 9 discontinued ?

I placed an order 3 weeks ago for the Multiplex Royal Evo 9 synthesized Tx/Rx combofrom Tower Hobbies. My order was placed on backorder until early March. Today I checked the status of my order and was told by customer service that the Royal Evo 9 has been discontinued and I should select a different brand of transmitter. What gives ? Did Tower Hobbies suddenly stop carrying Multiplex radios or did Multiplex stop manufacturing the Royal Evo line ?
Old 03-02-2006, 10:47 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Royal Evo 9 discontinued ?

The MPX Royal EVO radio systems are current production items. I can't say weather or not Tower Hobbies has decided to carry a specific item or not, you'll have to garner said information from Tower Hobbies.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:30 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

That particular version of the EVO 9 has been discontinued, but we will still offer the EVO 12 in the same TX/RX synthesized version.

Mike.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:19 PM
hobbydirekt.de

Here in good old germany we have all Royal Evo Sets available and i don´t think so much will change as the Evo 9 is still running good. Nicely Multiplex lowered the price for it on february
Old 03-12-2006, 03:43 AM
borisp

Mike, will they (MPX) stop production of EVO9 Synth, or just it won't be imported to USA anymore? Thanks.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:03 PM
MikeMayberry

It's only discontinued in the US in the full synthesized version.

Mike.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:17 PM
borisp

Huh, good news after all! I mean not quite for the US customers, but still...
Old 03-19-2006, 04:19 AM
tobytorkn

mike & mike, i'm seriously thinking about getting an evo12. i've had the futaba 14mz and was disappointed with service. i would like to buy a new system for my imac planes (35 & 40%) and the evo seems to have unlimited mixing capability. what is hitec's long term goals with multiplex? basically i don't want to buy a radio and have it replaced with a newer system 2 weeks later. i guess the reason i'm asking, is the discontinuation of the 9evo based on the popularity of the 12evo? also, does hitec service multiplex or do you have to send the unit back to germany for service? sorry if this seems blunt, but i've had my fill of unfullfilled service from other vendors and i've NEVER gotten bad service from hitec. i've literally bought cases of the digital servos and i've had good luck doing thousands of imac practice flights. thanks for the honest answers and tell josh congrats on his placing at memphis. thanks, toby silhavy www.silhavyaerosports.net
Old 03-19-2006, 09:43 AM
mglavin

Toby,

I'll pass along your thoughts to Josh. FWIW Josh uses the Optic 6 with foam. Josh did well at MIFF contest in K.C. this weekend bringing home the Gold! Were all very proud of the young man, Josh holds his own in a crowd of seasoned professionals. Now on to the 2nd Annual ETOC.

We've been using the EVO 12 with our GS models with great results. The EVO 9 has not been discontinued were simply not importing it too the US any longer.

MPX products are serviced in the USA at Hite’s Service facility in Poway, CA., same great service.

As far as I know there are no plans to offer a new improved version of the EVO line at this time. Last I heard we're working on a software update.

The basic conceptual methodology of programming is shared by the Mz and EVO products. In fact MPX developed the core firmware a decade ago of which is now shared by both OEM's.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:54 AM
Q8SABRE
My Feedback: (3)

Why was it discontinued in the US?
Old 12-19-2006, 08:38 PM
mglavin

The MPX EVO 9-channel synth radio set is no longer offered here in the USA. The 9-channel simply did not sale as well as the 12-channel and a decision was made to no longer import it, nothing more...
Old 04-06-2007, 12:46 AM
vettebob

Too bad because I love mine!!! Bob