Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Universal servo connector?

Old 03-18-2006, 11:07 AM
spog1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Universal servo connector?

I bought some 5925 and 6975 servos from an online vendor in Canada and all the servos come with a universal connector. I just noticed on the Hitec website that the servos come in two connector versions (JR/Futaba), no universal connector servos.Does Hitec supply these servos with universal connectors? Is the hobby shop soldering their own connector on? I am concerned about quality of the connector and the quality of the soldering job, if not done by Hitec. Do I still have warranty coverage on these?
Old 03-18-2006, 11:22 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Universal servo connector?

Hitec's "S" connector is universal and works with JR/Hitec/Futaba and Airtronics gear of late. The only variable in offering connectors is the Futaba style plug with the index tab to the best of my knowledge,
Old 03-18-2006, 11:34 AM
spog1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This connector allows me to plug the servo into the reciever any way(Hitec or Futaba recievers,Ihave both). There does not seem to be any protection for plugging in backwards. Can I damage the servo if plugged in backwards?
Old 03-18-2006, 12:24 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, you can plug the connector in backwards, and NO you will not damage anything doing so. Typically the Yellow "signal" wire is orientated toward the middle of the RX or up for end loaded units.