Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

When should I retire my HS-55's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 06:33 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default When should I retire my HS-55's?

Mike,

On the weekend, I experienced my first inflight servo failure which didn't have a happy ending.
The servo that failed was not a Hitec servo, but that crash made me think how long I should be running my servos before retiring them. All my other servos are Hitec.

I know the life of the servo is effected by many things (crashes, binding, size of surface, speed of plane, etc.) but do you have any guidelines on how long they should be used?

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Stevoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: When should I retire my HS-55's?

Time pilot,

Most of the time the servos will out live the airplane, but in some cases with loads and other issuse may not. We have a two year warranty just send them in before that and we'll make sure they'll last another couple years.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: When should I retire my HS-55's?

ORIGINAL: Stevoh
Most of the time the servos will out live the airplane....
If an airplane dies and the servos still seem good, they often end up in another plane.

ORIGINAL: Stevoh
We have a two year warranty just send them in before that and we'll make sure they'll last another couple years.
I do like Hitec's warranty. So let's say I do send them in and get a thumbs up. How long can I expect them go then?

Do you have any Mean Time before Failure test data?