Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec Optic 6 with a JR R610M Rx (35Mhz)

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 09:56 AM
Deyrick Gibbins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Optic 6 with a JR R610M Rx (35Mhz)

Hi

Hope someone can clear up something for me. Intending to use the JR R610M 6Ch Micro receiver with my Hitec Optic 6 Tx, both on 35Mhz here in the UK on Ch65 (35.050Mhz). As far as i understand it Hitec and Futaba use Negative Shift and JR, Airtronics and Multiplex use Positive shift (from Tx manual).

If this is so how come I have to set the Shift to Negative on the Transmitter to get the servos to operate correctly, if I switch it to Positive shift for JR as stated in the Transmitter instructions (which seem to be North American based anyway) it does not work at all, just a glitch as power is applied.

Is this +ve and -ve shift thing a USA 72 Mhz thing only, and here in the UK on 35Mhz all use -ve shift.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Deyrick
Old 07-04-2006, 10:05 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec Optic 6 with a JR R610M Rx (35Mhz)

I have KNOW idea why your TX requires "Negative" shift modulation to operate a JR RX. Negative shift modulation is only used in the Americas as far as know. Positive shift is the standard in the rest of the world.

It maybe prudent to have the TX/RX checked out by a Service Center...
Old 07-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Deyrick Gibbins

Not sure if +ve shift in rest of the world is correct, although you would know I suppose.

I bought the Rx from a leading UK based model supplier and would not expect it to be a North American Spec item.

It was supplied by the main UK distributor and would therefore be UK spec i would think.

All the other receivers i am using are also -ve shift (GWS and Blue Arrow) in my Electric stuff.

i have never even bothered checking Shift previously, i only did it as i had heard JR were opposite to Futaba and Hitec and GWS etc.

My other UK Spec Futaba Tx works these receivers fine as well so must be -ve shift also.

Del
Old 07-04-2006, 01:17 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

I should have noted, negative shift modulation is only used by Futaba and Hitec in the America's. JR/MPX/Airtronics utilize positive shift in the America's.As I noted previously to the best of my knowledge Positive shift modulation is used worldwide with the exceptions noted above.

GWS like Hitec offers RX's with either -ve/+ve shift. As far as I know JR only offers +ve equipment...
Old 07-04-2006, 04:09 PM
A.T.

Hitec Transmitters sold outside USA on 35, 36 & 40 Mhz are preset on "N" shift as are all other known brands of equipment including JR & Sanwa (Airtronics).
Eclipse Manual shows screen shot on page 11 and that for all 35 and 40 MHz sets, the shift used is "N". being the same shift used by other brands outside USA. Highlighted is "For 72 MHZ North American Version" the transmit shift function is used to change the shift direction.

regards
Alan
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong
Old 07-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Deyrick Gibbins

Thanks Alan and Micheal for the info, as far as i have tested i agree with what Alan has said.

What Michael stated was not proven with my tests using Futaba and Hitec gear.

Del
Old 01-19-2013, 03:25 PM
yjtkenya

I have a JR R610M RX. Will it work with my 72 mhx HiTec TX?
Thank you
Old 01-19-2013, 07:24 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: yjtkenya I have a JR R610M RX. Will it work with my 72 mhx HiTec TX? Thank you
Yes, with following notes:

1. Optic 6 must be changed to "P" (positive) shift for all JR72Mhz receivers which do not have auto shift.
. Negative and/or positive shift in Transmitters and Receivers - 101 re Differences
. Receiver - Negative or Positive Shift?

2. Use a JR crystal in the R610M to match the same frequency as the Optic 6.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links