Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Optic 6-Flash 4 trainer cord problem.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Duane-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optic 6-Flash 4 trainer cord problem.

Cord is a Futaba, I've used it with my Flash, no problems. Just tried it with my Optic 6 and my Flash, and the battery read out on the Flash went to around 4 volts (beeping) then it read 24. volts, and no longer transmits. When I first turn it on, just for a split second, it shows correct voltage, then goes to the 24. volts. Not sure, since it all happend so fast, but it may have happened when I turned on the Optic also, I didn't think it made any difference if one transmitter was on or both?
Old 12-28-2006, 10:12 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Optic 6-Flash 4 trainer cord problem.

The Futaba trainer chord is not compatible with Hitec computerized TX's....
Old 12-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Duane-RCU

I guess I didn't explain it right, but the problem is without the cord hooked up. I didn't know if this thing is fried now? Any fuse or diodes to check?
Old 12-28-2006, 09:39 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Sounds like you damaged the TX, you only power up the Matser TX when using a trainer chord.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:29 PM
aramsdell

MGLAVIN,
What is the difference in trainer cords from Hitec to Futaba? Specifically the 6 pin round to round that fits Optic and Eclipse. I have the Futaba cord and it appears to work correctly or maybe not.......I took out the student module and plugged in and turned on master. The Master powers up both LCD screens. Controls work correctly. Should both screens be on at same time?
I had a guy I work with flying my Ultimate foamie Bype after just a couple minutes. He only has one eye! He does have a MS-Dos based simm though.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Duane-RCU

I did not remove the module from my Optic 6, which was the student transmitter (1st mistake) and I think when it made my Flash beep low battery is when I turned the Optic on, then it popped my Flash.... Why are the trainer cords different? It worked ok with my Flash hooked up to a Futaba? If the cords are different, seems you will not be able to use ANY cord and use two different brand transmitters? And if no compatability exists with the cords, WHY make the plugs the same? I know, easy access to parts, no one makes a plug, they just buy it from a company that makes them. I just wonder what it's going to cost to fix my old radio? [&o]
Old 01-09-2007, 04:35 AM
A.T.

Other RC systems also use the 6 pin DIN connector for Trainer/PC interface systems. Hitec is compatible with Futaba provided that only the Hitec One Way Trainer Cord is used and even then some minor smoke could be emitted from the first edition Futaba 8UAP's trainer board. (easy fix). At no time may the Futaba cord be used between two Hitec TX unless Xtal or module is removed from the "Buddy Box" and at no time may the switch on the "Buddy Box" be turned on as the Futaba cable is "open" at both ends. This information has been well documented on Hitec RCD USA and leading Hitec retailers web pages as well as leading newsgroups for a long time.
Direct link = http://www.hitecrcd.com/Support/TrainerCordWarning.htm
Whilst not on the Futaba buddy cable, all leading Futaba simulator interfaces short out pins 4 & 5 (as on Hitec trainer cable) to prevent erroneous RF transmission.
Further details under "Buddy Boxes. Servo Leads. Flight Simulator & Interface." on my web page.
With regard to fixing your TX, refer to http://www.hitecrcd.com/Support/service_and_repair.htm

regards
Alan T.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Duane-RCU

Thanks Alan, that's explained very well.