Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Whats the best throtle servo Mr Glavin?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 12:14 AM
flatlandmike
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the best throtle servo Mr Glavin?

Whats the best servo for the throttle? It need to be precise fast and long lasting. This will go in my friends and my gas planes 50cc to 180CC. If it turns out to be a digi what should the setting be when programmed, deadband and other settings?

I looked through the list and the one I thought might be best would be the 6965HB whats your thoughts?
Old 12-28-2006, 01:35 AM
XJet
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats the best throtle servo Mr Glavin?

This is a good question!

I've always used standard servos (HS425BB) and had no problems but I'm aware that some folks believe a digital servo makes the throttle more precise -- although, since there's very little force required in most cases, I can't see how that's the case. With no-load, it's generally the limitations of a 3-pole motor that make all non-coreless servos pretty similar. Improved holding torque is of little use when there's no force to hold against :-)

I wonder how the karbonite gearsets would stand up to the shocks generated by connecting them up to a large gasser?

Metal gears would certainly wear more quickly -- maybe a good old nylon-geared servo is best after all?
Old 12-28-2006, 10:24 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Whats the best throtle servo Mr Glavin?

I have used the 5975HB Karbonies on throttle in 40% models for years; I have at least four models rigged with same. Of late were using 6965's in Josh's 102" QQ Aircraft Yaks > DA-100's...

Never had a problem one with these servos, precision and speed are obvious. Proper linkage set-up is paramount IMO, the goal is to use as much of the servos travel arc as plausible.