Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

New HFP-10 Programmer will not Reset 5645

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 09:26 AM
STG
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New HFP-10 Programmer will not Reset 5645

ORIGINAL: toprudder

STG,

Don't feel bad, I have a brand new unit with exactly the same symptoms as yours.

The version number does not flash on the display during power up.

There is a sticker with 06.10 on the end of the programmer.

I have tried multiple brand new 5955 and 5985 servos plugged directly into the programmer. I can operate the servos manually with no problem, so I know it is not a bad connection to the servo.

The reset goes to "search.." for a couple of seconds, then blank for a split second, then back to the ">program reset". I never get to any other screen for pressing "up/L" "DN/R" or the "success" display.

The cw/ccw function does exactly as you described - cycles back to the original display. I can plug the servo in or not, it acts the same either way. It acts like a bad connection, but if that were the case then I would not be able to operate the servo manually.

The instructions that came with mine differ from the manual that can be downloaded from the HitecRCD website. Under the Program Reset function, steps C and D are covered with a sticker, with a new step C (and no step D) which reads:

"C. After completion the screen will read "success". Now the servo is set to the exact setting it had when it was new."

The difference is that the old step C is gone, which says the servo will cycle to both extremes. Guess a few people broke some linkages while resetting their servos. ;-)

It sounds to me like Hitec shipped some defective units. Makes me wonder about their quality control, and I just bought 10 of their digital servos, too. Hmmm.

I'm not really worried, a couple of guys in the club have had good service from Hitec. This is just going to set me back a little, timewise.

Bob R.
Funny, you should post. I was going to give an update. I sent the programmer to Hitec service and they did take very good care of me. I just got the programmer back and have only had time to reset a servo and it works just as it should.

This is not the fist time I received first class service from H.T. & so I have confidence Hitec.

I like Hitec products and plan to continue to purchase them.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:20 PM
skydiver

After a four week wait, I got mine back Wednesday. It wasn't the one I sent in, it was a new unit. It works OK. I think they had some defective testers as you mentioned.

Had to spend an additional six bucks to send in the defective one.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Hmm..I may have the same problem although my programmer was purchased a month ago and I have successfully programmed 10 5955's..today i tried to program a new 6965 and the programmer doesn't work with it...
Old 02-19-2007, 06:12 PM
skydiver

Mine works OK with 5945 and 5965. Sorry, don't have any 6965's I think a return is probably best. Hope you don't have to wait too long. I also have a sticker 06.10 on the end. Haven't seen any servos with a version sticker on the case.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Josey Wales

Well Im going to keep it until I finish programming the 5955's for my new Yak then I guess Ill send it in...the 6965 is for the throttle, I can work around that...

The 6965 is v 1.03 but the new programmers are supposed to be able to program them..Im sure Hitec will take care if it..
Old 02-19-2007, 07:47 PM
STG

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales
The 6965 is v 1.03 but the new programmers are supposed to be able to program them..Im sure Hitec will take care if it..
As far as I understand, when you reset the servo with the programmer it updates the servo to the version on the programmer.

I have herd that the programmer needs to be fully charged to act correctly.

I have now used the programmer to set travel and reverse travel and it is a little erratic--for instance, it took 4 tries to reset the servo ect. I guess I am OK with this as long as I can get what I want accomplished--I would not like it if I had to work with the programmer often.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:49 PM
Josey Wales

ORIGINAL: STG

I have herd that the programmer needs to be fully charged to act correctly.
Hmm..mine hasnt been charged in a long time..maybe thats the problem..its worth a try anyway..Thanks

edit--programmer is fully charged and still the same thing...I was hoping that was the cause of the problem but I guess not..
Old 03-16-2007, 09:50 PM
STG

I have now used the programmer to set travel and reverse travel and it is a little erratic--for instance, it took 4 tries to reset the servo ect. I guess I am OK with this as long as I can get what I want accomplished--I would not like it if I had to work with the programmer often.

I have now used the programmer more and it has been very inconsistent. I have two V1.03 5625's that are now locked up after running them thru the reset mode. I see the instructions say:

"on early production Hitec digital servos, it will
lock to one side and appear to die when the reset function is used.
If this does happen, unplug the servo from the programmer and
manually twist the servo horn to the approximate "center point
of travel". This will reset the servo and is ready to program."

This does not work for me and I now have 2 digital servos that have gone dead thru a reset. [:'(]

Looks like it needs to go back--hope the servos are OK?
Old 03-17-2007, 01:00 PM
toprudder

Well, I am still waiting on the programmer to come back from Hitec. Now it looks like I may have more fun in store for me when it comes back.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:50 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those that are having problems should return their Programmers to Hitec Service. We have realizied a number of Programmers with fautly IC's... The repairs are free, simply send the unit to Service.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:46 PM
toprudder

What is the turnaround time?
Old 03-17-2007, 09:14 PM
mglavin

Hitec Service endeavors to offer turn arounds in 2 weeks or less, typically 1 week is the norm, but parts availability is a problem sometimes….
Old 03-18-2007, 09:03 AM
toprudder

ORIGINAL: mglavin
Hitec Service endeavors to offer turn arounds in 2 weeks or less, typically 1 week is the norm, but parts availability is a problem sometimes….
Well, that is a little better than the postcard I got from Hitec saying "average turnaround is 2-3 weeks". They received it on 3-5-07.

I'm glad that they are taking care of repairing it. Luckily I have a friend that I can borrow his programmer when I need it.

Bob R.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:18 AM
strulag
My Feedback: (-1)

Well I just got my programmer too and I have the exact same symptoms as STG and toprudder. I guess I have to send it in to Hitech Service. It looks like there is a few that act the same.

P.S. What's the IC?
Old 03-21-2007, 08:08 AM
mglavin

IC = integrated circuit

A monolithic integrated circuit (also known as IC, microcircuit, microchip, silicon chip, computer chip or chip) is a miniaturized electronic circuit (consisting mainly of semiconductor devices, as well as passive components) that has been manufactured in the surface of a thin substrate of semiconductor material.

A hybrid integrated circuit is a miniaturized electronic circuit constructed of individual semiconductor devices, as well as passive components, bonded to a substrate or circuit board.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:29 PM
toprudder

Update: They have had my programmer for four weeks now. I sent an email asking how long before I get it back. Here is the reply I just got today:

"We are currently waiting for a shipment. We are expecting them to be here within a month. I do apologize for the delay."

I know they will take care of it. BUT, it bothers me just a little that someone will have my money for two months before I get to use it once. It almost makes me want to ask for a refund for the programmer AND the $800 worth of servos that I bought at the same time.

(climbing down off my soapbox)

Bob R.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:14 PM
strulag

I called them and they told me pretty much the same. You're doing good if this bothers you "just a little" .
Old 04-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Josey Wales

I got a new 5965 servo and it works perfectly with my programmer so I called Hitec and they said to send in my v1.03 6965 in and they will update the software to the latest version...
Old 04-12-2007, 08:41 PM
STG

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

I got a new 5965 servo and it works perfectly with my programmer so I called Hitec and they said to send in my v1.03 6965 in and they will update the software to the latest version...
I thought that resetting an older servo with an updated software programmer would update the software in the servo. [&:]

I am just a little disappointed in H.T. as I sent the programmer back 3\18 and I got a reply that they would look at it last week. I asked if they could reverse and send back the downed servos if there was going to be a delay. They have not replied and I see nothing in the mail. [:'(]

I have 2 planes that could fly this weekend if I had servos.[:@]

Old 04-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Josey Wales

I thought that resetting an older servo with an updated software programmer would update the software in the servo. [&:]
I thought so too but not in this case...that 6965 was the only v1.03 I had..all the others were 1.04 and the programmer worked perfectly..At this point any new servos I get will be the v1.04 so its not an issue for me...

Sucks having to wait around..hopefully you get your stuff back soon
Old 04-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Stevoh

We just got Programmers today, all service back-orders will be filled and gone out by the end of today!
Old 04-13-2007, 08:10 PM
STG

ORIGINAL: Stevoh

We just got Programmers today, all service back-orders will be filled and gone out by the end of today!
[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 04-16-2007, 05:34 PM
strulag

Good news...I just spent a bunch of time programming my matchbox on one wing but I'll wait for the programmer now. I'm really happy to hear that.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Josey Wales

Got my updated 6965 back from Hitec today and it works perfectly with my programmer!!...I know its been said that the new programmers will work with the v 1.03 servos but in this case it did not..