Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

5955TG Servo Screw Size

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Bobby Folsom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5955TG Servo Screw Size

Michael, what are the size and lenth of the servo screw on the 5955TG? Also, what size and type is the little "star" washer? Where can I purchase more of both? What is their cost?

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions.

Bobby
Old 01-03-2007, 03:26 PM
aegis

Default RE: 5955TG Servo Screw Size

Michael, what are the size and lenth of the servo screw on the 5955TG? Also, what size and type is the little "star" washer? Where can I purchase more of both? What is their cost?
Not to cut-in, but I happened to have my receipt handy when reading your post.

The screw size is 2.6mm x 8mm. If buying them from Micro Fasteners, the item number is SCM2608. A package of 10, which is how you have to buy them, cost $3.60. They are socket head cap screws.

They don't have 2.6mm star washers, but the 2.5mm internal tooth lockwasher, which is what Micro Fasteners says to use, works fine. You have to buy a package for 50, which costs $1.60. The item number is LWTM25.

I have no affliation with Micro Fasteners.

Dan

screws - http://www.microfasteners.com/catalo...cts/METSCM.cfm
washers - http://www.microfasteners.com/catalo...bCategory=LWTM
Old 01-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Bobby Folsom

Thank you Dan. This is exactly what I was looking for. I need to order some other type screws so now I can kill two birds with one flell swoop!!

Bobby
Old 01-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Thanks Dan!! I was looking for the same info!!
Old 01-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Bobby Folsom

I ordered 2 packs of the screws and 1 pack of the washers from Microfasteners the night you gave me the information and wihin 3 days I had my order. Great service and great fit on the screws. I feel much more confident in the tightness of the servo arms now.

Bobby
Old 01-14-2007, 03:35 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another tip to get the most performance from the OEM screws is to get a set of good quality JIS screwdrivers. It has been my experience that every phillips type screw in our ARFs and electronics (servos) are JIS and not phillips... The poor fit of a phillips screwdriver is the main reason the servo screw heads are so easy to strip out.

Even though I have a couple of good quality JIS screwdriver sets (bench and flight box) I still replace the servo screws with cap screws on my MG servos... I KNOW this won't strip out!
Old 01-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Bobby Folsom

I agree. I have a set of 3 JIS "phillips head" screw drivers but like you say the hex bolts won't strip out!!

Bobby