Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

CULARIS SAILPLANE

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 03:52 PM
OLDNRINKLED
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CULARIS SAILPLANE

WHERE CAN INFO BE FOUND ON THE NEW CULARIS?????? IT IS NOT ON THEIR WEBSIGHT.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:56 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CULARIS SAILPLANE

ORIGINAL: OLDNRINKLED WHERE CAN INFO BE FOUND ON THE NEW CULARIS?????? IT IS NOT ON THEIR WEBSIGHT.
Visit MPX web page and wait for page to finish opening. Click on the English flag at bottom, then wait for next page and scroll down to view Cularis and view specifications and other detail on the 5.8mb wmv video.
Click "Aircraft models" on menu, left of screen, then kit number #214218 to view further details, accessories and spare parts lists. Also type "Cularis" in product search box to bring up other items such as the power set.
Download "Cularis" manual .pdf - English language pages 12 - 20. Assembly pictorial on pages 42+.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 06-04-2007, 10:27 AM
martin salgado

Hello Oldnrinkled,

The information below was taken from the Multiplex Germany website. We should be updating our website shortly will all of the same information.

Cularis - The high-performance electric glider made of ELAPOR®

The EasyGlider was the fi rst step for many modellers into the world of model gliding
and thermals, and now we present the logical development and next step: the Cularis.

• Minimal cost

• Minimal building effort

• Minimal risk of breakage thanks to robust ELAPOR® foam

• Four-fl ap wing: camber-changing fl aps and butterfl y (crow) / landing aid function

• Optional electric power set with ample power

• Broad performance spectrum, including aerobatics and thermalling

• Wide speed range

The Cularis can be built as a glider or electric glider.
For the electric version we recommend the dedicated power set, # 33 2633. With the
recommended battery this power system provides 6 to 8 climbs to around 150 m on a
single charge. If you want more power, simply fi t a larger propeller (e.g. 12 x 8†or 13.5
x 7â€); this gives a better rate of climb at the cost of reduced motor run times.
The set also includes a glider nose cone in which an optional aero-tow coupling can
be installed. The model can then be fl own as a glider and launched by aero-tow. Our
MAGISTER makes a great tug for the Cularis
Cularis - an ideal model for weekend and club pilots

Innovative features:

• The mechanical retainer system engages automatically when the wings are
plugged in; at the same time the servos are connected electrically, eliminating the
tedious task of connecting the wing-mounted servos.

• The all-moving tailplane is also removable, with an automatic retainer system.

Design features:

• Two carbon wing spars for ample strength

• Like the all-moving tailplane, the wings can be unlocked and removed very simply, making transport straightforward

• GRP reinforcements in the fuselage and tailplane

• Polycarbonate fuselage nose reinforcement

• Wing-mounted servos covered by protective fairings

• All the electronic components have a pre-defi ned position in the model.

Kit contents:

Moulded ELAPOR components

CFRP and GRP spars

Injection-moulded parts including motor bulkhead

Small items and linkage components

Decal sheet

Comprehensive illustrated building instructions

Specifi cation:

Wingspan: 2610 mm

Fuselage length: 1260 mm

All-up weight: glider

approx. 1400 g electric, with rec. power set approx. 1680 g

Wing area (FAI): approx. 55 dm²

Wing loading (FAI): approx. 27 g / dm²

Functions: Elevator, rudder, aileron and butterfl y (crow)

Electric version needs throttle
Old 06-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Staggerwing1

Mr. Salgado,
Could you give us an update on the Cularis. I understand that Hitec now has the kits here in the US and plans to hold on to them until there is a "fix" for the problem with the mechanical wing retainer system. Any information that you can share with us will be appreciated. Thanks,
Staggerwing1
Old 06-06-2007, 10:08 AM
martin salgado

ORIGINAL: Staggerwing1

Mr. Salgado,
Could you give us an update on the Cularis. I understand that Hitec now has the kits here in the US and plans to hold on to them until there is a "fix" for the problem with the mechanical wing retainer system. Any information that you can share with us will be appreciated. Thanks,
Staggerwing1

Hello Staggerwing1,

Any Cularis kit that ships from us here in the US will have the fix and will not be a concern. And they should be shipping within the next 2 weeks.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:32 PM
stleon

I have the up dated Cularis Assembly Manual ADDENDUM
IT SAID IN SHORT
FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY.
Glue the servo connectors to the wing seats and the fuselage seats. That way the connections plug in when you insert the wing in the fuselage .
Parts 43 and 44 ( push tab latches) have been Modified per Multiplex Design team
Be sure parts 41 & 42 (latch blocks)are pressed well down in the wing root underside and glued in.
Carbon Spars, Make sure the spars do not extend to far as to not allow the latching mechanism and connectors to seat properly when the wing is inserted in the fuselage

Looks to me the wings should stay on. I did note one thing so far. When putting the wing together make sure you have all the servo wiring and plugs glued in place before the cover is put on the wing. I spent about 3 hrs today test fitting all the parts re-reading instructions and getting a list of parts to finish the plane. Cermark has said the will have a spinner soon to fit the CULAIRS.
I plan on using a AXI out runner 2820-10 w/ a 12-6 folding prop.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25992.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	713300  
Old 07-22-2007, 08:31 AM
metaglypto

I am condifering this glider as an AP platform. Can anyone give me the dimensions of the insice of the fuselage. Particularly the area below the cockpit/windscreen area.

From the pictures, this looks like it would be a good AP platform, with more room than most gliders inside the fuse. I am thinking this would be a good higher altitude AP plane with the ability to carry lots of weight and still thermal or glide with no problem. It's large wingspan should help it some with smooth, stable flying.

I am no expert on this stuff, and some of what I am saying here is more "gut level" feeling, than knowledge and/or experience. If I am full of it on these points, please let me know.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:41 PM
LDighera

ORIGINAL: OLDNRINKLED

WHERE CAN INFO BE FOUND ON THE NEW CULARIS?????? IT IS NOT ON THEIR WEBSIGHT.
7th July 2007:
New Video Posted. A new video, showing the maiden flights of a Multiplex Cularis, configured for FPV flight, has been posted in the video gallery here:
http://www.aeropix.ch/videos/CularisMaiden_3M.wmv
Old 05-12-2008, 04:32 PM
hannie

Could someone tell me how the cularis is at catching thermals and how it handles. I am thinking about getting one but still not sure whether to go composite or stick with the elapor. thanks hannie
Old 05-13-2008, 01:28 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

It's a sweetheart! In fact, it's so good that one of our team pilots is seriously considering flying it in the Nat's this year!

Here's a real good thread about the Cularis if you want feedback: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=704134

Mike.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:39 PM
hannie

Thanks everyone for your input. i just ordered the cularis. now I have to figure what to power it with. I'm kind of leaning towards theTURNIGY motors from "hobbycity". They have one tr35-42 1100kv. They compare it to an axi 2820. Its about 60$ cheaper. I,m hoping I can run my 40amp esc. with a 12x6 prop. Do you think a 1500mah 3s1p20-30c lipo would be enough power. Thanks for your help hannie
Old 05-14-2008, 01:44 PM
MikeMayberry

That motor is smaller (35x42mm) than we recommend which is the 3522-700 Himax (35x48mm.) I'm sure it would work, but you'll have to figure out what kind of current it will pull with a 3S on a 12x6 on your own. I can't comment on the battery since I don't have enough data on the power system.

Mike.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:25 PM
jetpassion
My Feedback: (29)

anybody can tell me what a giro woul do to a saleplane
Old 01-23-2010, 02:20 PM
MikeMayberry

I would suggest you post this question in the general radios or sailplane forum as this is outside the realm of this forum.

Mike.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:51 PM
jetpassion

well... let me try again..I got a "Cularis" that I am working on and my question was what a gyro would do for a sailplane. From some other forums I understend that some people install gyros in sailplanes. Sorry for the wrong spelling.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

On roll, yaw, or pitch?
Old 01-23-2010, 09:12 PM
jetpassion

for exemple on roll or pitch. I know what a gyro do on a hellycopter, I don't know what a gyro can do for a sailplane.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Stabilization, I would imagine....
Old 01-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Brendan Lugo

Usually the only place I have used a gyro on a sailplane was on the rudder (yaw). This was experimented with for thermal duration to aid with cross wind landings. It has also been used with DLG sailplanes to aid with launch. Again, this was used on the yaw axis.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:26 PM
jetpassion

Anny ideea what the max. wayght Cularis can take, I am loocking to install a HD camera on it. The one Iam loocking is 150g.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:20 AM
dimberio

Can anyone tell me if there is a collet for the Cularis folding prop that fits a 4 mm shaft instead of the supplied one that fits a 5 mm.