Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Cleaning EVO Tx Case

Old 07-07-2007, 10:48 AM
John C

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cleaning EVO Tx Case

I went to cleaning my EVO 9 TX case with the stuff from my plane cleaning bottle, a mix of Windex, alcohol, 409. The case finish felt 'sticky' and the lettering began to disappear [:@]. I quit cleaning, and the case eventually seemed to be OK. Question is, what can I use to safely clean the hand crud off the case without destroying the finish? it's looking a bit neglected at the moment.

Thanks,

John C

Old 07-09-2007, 12:26 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cleaning EVO Tx Case

As weird as it sounds... try a little WD-40 on a clean towel.

Mike.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:46 PM
John C

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Cleaning EVO Tx Case

Mike,

The WD40 on the towel worked too well[:'(].

It took the finish off down to the silvery plastic case material where the crud was the worst around the gimbles and switch. I don't know if this was due to the finish being damaged previously. Fortunately, I didn't take off any finish around the push buttons where data entry is done or I'd really be in trouble .

It seems like a Tx costing what this one did - some US$400 would have a more durable finish.

John C