Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec vs. multiplex crystals

Old 08-19-2007, 04:22 PM
andy86na
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec vs. multiplex crystals

Are these crystals compatible? I hate hitec that works in a multiplex dual conversion receiver but want to know i am not jeopardizing signal clarity.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:07 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec vs. multiplex crystals

ORIGINAL: andy86na Are these crystals compatible? I hate hitec that works in a multiplex dual conversion receiver but want to know i am not jeopardizing signal clarity.
Both Hitec RCD Korea and Multiplex Germany advised the New Zealand distributor, at time Mr Park purchased Multiplex that their crystals were of different specifications and not to be interchanged. This of course related to their frequencies as sold in NZ and did not necessarily include 72 MHz and 75 MHz.
Quote from one of my previous posts "Crystals are no longer interchangeable between brands. Whilst you may get reasonable results in good conditions with Hitec xtals in Futaba RX, Hitec crystals must be used in Hitec RX for optimum results. Futaba and other single conversion RX crystals may appear to work but with proven less range and glitching, especially noticeable in damp weather or over wet ground. Local radio technician was surprised but ran a number of tests with result he is also now convinced that there is a significant difference in the crystals as also confirmed by a local crystal manufacturer who contracts to the USA armed forces.
Refer
RC Groups Sticky - Data - What type of crystal do you need ? a crystal comparison chart from GWS.
Transmitter Crystals - do not interchange between brands (except as listed by GWS)
The following may also assist:
Single Conversion vs Dual Conversion - fact sheet
IPD (Intelligent Pulse Decoding) Receivers - FAQ .pdf file
More on my web page under "Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" sub sections "Crystals, Oscilators & Piezo " and "Receiver - FAQ, guides and aids to best reception".
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 08-19-2007, 11:44 PM
andy86na
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec vs. multiplex crystals

OK--basically the advice is go with the same brand. Makes sense.

Thanks.