Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec ball bearing servos

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 07:21 PM
flyinglow
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec ball bearing servos

I have 1 ball bearing hitec on each half of an elevator of a U-Can-Do .60. I haven't flown it for a year and I just charged up the battery and was checking the servos and both elevator servos do not move smoothly. They would best be described as ratcheting
up and down. I haven't experienced this before. Any ideas?
Old 12-17-2007, 09:46 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec ball bearing servos

ORIGINAL: flyinglow I have 1 ball bearing hitec on each half of an elevator of a U-Can-Do .60. I haven't flown it for a year and I just charged up the battery and was checking the servos and both elevator servos do not move smoothly. They would best be described as ratcheting up and down. I haven't experienced this before. Any ideas?
Just replaced a JR single ball bearing servo with similar problem, the bearing had rusted. Bearings can rust after exposed servos get wet with detergent whilst cleaning a model or simply model being stored for several months in an unlined non temperature controlled garage etc. [The JR ball race had locked up and outer shell turning in the case top - did free up after cleaning with WD-40 but owner agreed to replace with a new servo]. Remove bearing(s) and try working in a little WD-40 or similar. Clean bearing, reinstall and try again.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 12-18-2007, 12:29 AM
flyinglow
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec ball bearing servos

Thats probally exactly what it is. I had it in a garage in florida.

Thanks alot