Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Eclipse 7

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 08:13 PM
bbbair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse 7

OK I am the proud owner of an Eclipse 7 with the Spectra module, this is one great radio that has given me NO PROBLEMS for the last two years - until now... []

I just bought a new Tx case that was a little snug - wonderful! No damage from vibration... but as I lifted the Tx out one day the carrying handle rubbed on the foam padding and snapped out of the plastic - easy fix with a bit of epoxy.

Now today I was changing frequencies on the Spectra Module and as I was pulling the module out of the TX the TWO locking tabs broke off... ok I used a screw driver to lift the Spectra Module out - but !!! Give me a break here! [:@] Isn't this thing designed to pop in and out??

Is this normal or did I just get a bad run on plastic? [&o]

With the Flying season just getting under way I'm in no hurry to send this off to the plant in California and loose a month of flying... any other options?

The fun part is that he radio is still working like a charm...
Old 06-30-2008, 02:10 PM
3dd
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Eclipse 7

call or email hitec and have them send you the parts and change them yourself
Old 07-01-2008, 01:05 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Eclipse 7

Sorry to hear about the problems. We can send out the Spectra case plastic but not the case back to the radio since it requires you take it apart and we don't want our customers doing this themselves, so you will need to send the radio in to have the case back replaced.

E-mail [email protected] to request the spectra case.

Mike.