Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

servo reversal

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Sparkey
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo reversal

Hello
I have 2 servos operating the elevator on my Big Stick but they are connected to a y harness to make one plug into the reciever
I have servo on each side of fuselage and each one separately moves one side of the elevator
Problem when you look down from the top one servo arm is facing up and the other side facing down so what happens is when elevator is applied the they are doing the job but moving in opisite directions.
What can be done other than running two receivers?

As always Thanks
SPARKEY
Old 10-08-2008, 05:42 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: servo reversal

ORIGINAL: Sparkey Hello
I have 2 servos operating the elevator on my Big Stick but they are connected to a y harness to make one plug into the reciever
I have servo on each side of fuselage and each one separately moves one side of the elevator Problem when you look down from the top one servo arm is facing up and the other side facing down so what happens is when elevator is applied the they are doing the job but moving in opisite directions. What can be done other than running two receivers? As always Thanks
SPARKEY
You do not mention which Transmitter and receiver and how many channels are available.
For electronic TX & RX set-up,
1. Hitec Optic 6 - Tutorial (good to learn mixing and other computer functions irrespective of model)
2. Use a "Y" lead with a reversing circuit in one leg or a Vtail mixer plugged into RX elevator channel only (aileron lead plug tied back).
For manual installation refer to:
Mounting Dual Servos for Split Elevators
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 10-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Sparkey
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a hi tec with an qpcm reciever 6 channel or I can use my eclipse 7 channel transmitter.
I am not sure what this is Use a "Y" lead with a reversing circuit in one leg or a Vtail mixer plugged into RX elevator channel only (aileron lead plug tied back).
Thanks
Sparkey
Old 10-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Fuelman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you had a Multiplex radio all you would need to do is plug the second elevator servo into a free receiver channel and then tell the transmitter that it is a second elevator servo.
That way you have all the control and functionality with set up on both servos, completly independent of each other. It also allows for some pretty creative mixing opportunities.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:07 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Sparkey I have a hi tec with an qpcm reciever 6 channel or I can use my eclipse 7 channel transmitter.
I am not sure what this is Use a "Y" lead with a reversing circuit in one leg or a Vtail mixer plugged into RX elevator channel only (aileron lead plug tied back). Thanks Sparkey
For past 2+ years, Eclipse Transmitters sold outside USA, and some within USA, have had the same Ailevator function as the Optic 6 but using channels 1,2 & 7 in lieu of 1,2 & 5.
Refer to the Optic 6 Tutorial, linked in previous post, for set-up.
If your TX does not have "AILV" function:
DigiMix - ll Programable Elevon & V-Tail (VTail) Mixer . I used one of these on a 27% Extra until my Eclipse was updated to one with AILV function.
VTail (V-Tail) & Elevon mixer mk2
Be aware that some cheap "Y" leads incorporating a simple reversing unit in one leg are prone to a slight lag on the effected half and/or trim changes in hot weather - not recommended.
Sub sections
"Servo - alterations, calculators, databases, leads, repairs, convert to an ESC or winch & FAQ"
"Servo - Modify for Retracts, Number of Turns, Ganging, Reverse & Continuous Rotation " at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links may assist.
or, easiest and probably best of all, purchase a pair of Hitec digital servos and ask your friendly supplier to program one to operate in reverse.
Regards
Alan T.