Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

MPX 5645MG voltage issue with Futaba R6014FS receiver?

Old 10-24-2008, 06:11 PM
k_caller
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MPX 5645MG voltage issue with Futaba R6014FS receiver?

Hello Mike,
I have many MPX 5645MG servos in my 33% planes and am a bit worried about the claim by Futaba and their R6014FS Receiver which states that due to the low voltage of 2.7 volts supplied from the receiver that some Hitec servos may have problems. They say to contact the manufactuer and find out if there are known issues with these servos and low voltage. In my latest Pitts M-12 I'm using 10 of the 5645's.
If so, what if I use my Emcotec or PowerBox units with the receiver. Would this voltage still be an issue (if any at all)? Or might I have to swap the servos out for Futabas?
thanks for your help,
k_caller,
Germany
Old 10-27-2008, 01:55 PM
MikeMayberry

Default RE: MPX 5645MG voltage issue with Futaba R6014FS receiver?

Only a small % of the Hitec digital servos had issues with the Futaba FAAST system. You can test them in any channel other than 1&2 and they will either work or not. If they don't work, you can send them in to Hitec/Multiplex Germany to have them updated.

Mike.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:50 PM
k_caller

Default RE: MPX 5645MG voltage issue with Futaba R6014FS receiver?

Thanks for the reply Mike,
that's great news. I've also checked with Emcotec and Deutsch Powerbox today. They are very aware of the problem and are providing options for dealing with the problem. Powerbox has made the offer to have me send in my units and they will modify them for 0 Euro ($) plus postage. Emcotec will upgrade their older DPSI units for a total of 13 Euro -roughly 15 $ plus postage. That to me is also a great deal!
As I have also found out, both manufacturers are now providing all of their units with compatability to the Futaba receivers and their 2.7 volts. Also, they both provide impulse gain extentions to plug in between any servo connected directly to the Futaba receivers. The extentions are a bit pricy though- running about 15 - 19 Euro each. Emcotec offers a 4 pack for ca. 59 Euro. It may not be absolutely necessary but it does seem to provide an air of confidence.
Again thanks for the info.