Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Optic vs Optic sport

Old 12-12-2008, 10:04 AM
fly20
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optic vs Optic sport

Is there much difference between the units as far as programming and using the features. I'm asking because I have a primer for the optic 6 and it's seems do able [even for me] but can't find something similar for the sport. I saw the comparisons page that shows the difference in features but still wondering about simplicity of use. I am not interested in upgrading to 2.4 or need a timer. I fly small electrics in the park if that helps. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Sir Raleigh

Default RE: Optic vs Optic sport

I fly electric and the timer that's linked to the throttle is a must for me. As a matter of fact that was the governing factor in choosing the Optic 6 plus the Spectra module which allows me to operate on any of the 50 channels. Also, just changing out the transmitter module will allow me to go to 2.4GHz in the future if I ever decide I want to.

If you're not interested in the Spectra module you can get the Optic 6 with just a single frequency module for less cost.

What is the current price of the two?
Old 12-12-2008, 02:18 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fly20 Is there much difference between the units as far as programming and using the features. I'm asking because I have a primer for the optic 6 and it's seems do able [even for me] but can't find something similar for the sport. I saw the comparisons page that shows the difference in features but still wondering about simplicity of use. I am not interested in upgrading to 2.4 or need a timer. I fly small electrics in the park if that helps. Thanks.
Optic 6 and Optic Sport comparison chart.
shows which functions are excluded on the Optic Sport.
NB: Channel 6 on the Optic Sport is pre-programmed/mixed with different flight modes and has no separate slide control.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 12-12-2008, 02:50 PM
fly20

Sir R, I found the optic 6 for $134 [no spectra, servos, or rx] with free shipping and the sport for $112 with 3 hs55 and rx.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Sir Raleigh

Okay. Just be sure you plan for the future. You might not want certain features now, but in a year or two your flying priorities may change and you'll wish you'd gone with a more feature-packed radio.

Just don't buy by price alone.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:42 PM
fly20

Good advice. Thanks