Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hi tec servos not getting full travel

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Sparkey
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi tec servos not getting full travel

I have tried fideled sweated wasted half the summer on these darn servos .
First I know it's not the servos but the settings on the transmitter. I have two transmitters Hi Tec Eclipes 7with qpcm and Hitec Optic 6
So here goes . Both radios doing the same .
Problem more servo travel in one direction than the other.
Please help I have read and read and read the instructions and still getting the same problem .
I have duel rates Ok and most everything else but damed if i can get these to travel same distance each way.
I do not know anyone else where I fly that could help as they use other brands
So I am asking for help .
VERY VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE KEEP IT SIMPLE
Old 12-14-2008, 08:44 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hi tec servos not getting full travel

ORIGINAL: Sparkey - I have tried fideled sweated wasted half the summer on these darn servos .
First I know it's not the servos but the settings on the transmitter. I have two transmitters Hi Tec Eclipes 7with qpcm and Hitec Optic 6
So here goes . Both radios doing the same . Problem more servo travel in one direction than the other.
Please help I have read and read and read the instructions and still getting the same problem . I have duel rates Ok and most everything else but damed if i can get these to travel same distance each way. I do not know anyone else where I fly that could help as they use other brands So I am asking for help .<snip>
Very difficult to read and understand a post which opens with such a screaming loud bold font size 5 with little in the way of actual information relating to the problem. One faulty TX yes, but two different transmitter models with the same problem on any one let alone all 7 and 6 channels and with every servo in use is extremely doubtful.
What brand and model number of servos and receiver are in use? FWIW several pre Hitec era servos and receivers have very different pulse widths and are no longer fully compatible with even their own brand of modern Tx.
Did you activate the TX & RX system, with all trims set at zero, before attaching the horns at 90 degrees to center so as to provide for equal control deflection in both directions?. Sometimes the use of sub trim may be necessary to get horn exactly at 90 degrees.
Application - are any mixes involved? refer
E.P.A - A.T.V - Dual Rates differences, cautions and arming ESC
To check servos for equidistant swing and centering, take each servo out of the model, fit with a long horn or extension then mount on a graduated card, and test for equal swing boih ways with each receiver channel. This whilst using a TX model number which has been re-set to factory default to avoid any trim or other mix/adjustments effecting results.
Are the control surface horns connections at right angle to the hinges line when surface is in neutral position? or are they slanted fore or aft which results in mechanical differential.
Hitec do provide comprehensive support pages such as
SupportProduct SupportFAQs
especially
Troubleshooting Your Servo Problems ) e.g.
Suggest you also refer to the information available under sub section "Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" especially those sections on Receivers and Servos at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
In need
Hitec service information
Hitec repair request form
Regards
Alan T.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Sparkey

Well A.T.
I was not sreaming and if the size of the font makes you not understand any better I am sorry .
I do not know how I could make it any plainer .Once again the servos go farther one way than the other . I have followed the book to a tea. and even sent the eclipes 7 infor check up.

sevos 322 422 645 all Hitec
Sparky
Ps if you suppose to get 90 degs travel each way I am not getting that either.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:27 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Typical servo travel is up to 45 degrees in each direction with the D/R and EPA set at 100%; slightly more if settings are 125% but not 90 degrees.

Is the problem you are describing viewed at the horn or control surfaces?

It's not uncommon to get slightly more travel on one side than the other at the control surface. This can be rectified by adding or reducing the EPA on the appropriate side. If reducing the EPA on the side traveling further results in less than desired travel then move the linkage further out on the horn to increase the overall travel.

Give us a call if you are still confused.

(858) 748-6948

Mike.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:30 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Sparkey <snip? I do not know how I could make it any plainer .Once again the servos go farther one way than the other . I have followed the book to a tea. and even sent the eclipes 7 infor check up sevos 322 422 645 all Hitec
Sparky Ps if you suppose to get 90 degs travel each way I am not getting that either.
Please re-read my post which advises to set both servo horn and control horns at 90 degrees to servo and control surfaces, this to obtain the full 45 degrees swing each way. You have not yet clarified as to whether just one servo is effected or every servo on all channels on both TX. (Set up outside the model and using a model number re-set to factory default (no mixes and zero trims). This leads one to suspect that problem may be with the same program mix being tried on both TX with same result or it with the initial mechanical setup in the model.
Please read the links provided in previous post and sub section
"FAQ = Answers for Beginners and Advanced RC'ers" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
sepecially
"What Happens When I Wiggle The Sticks"
RC System - Understanding how it works
Servo - Installation into fuselage & wings - extensive pictorial
Videos - How to and DIY 101 Setup for EP & Heli may also assist may also assist
Regards
Alan T.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Sparkey

Hi Mike
It is now at the servo as I have stripped everthing down for the winter.. However this fall I had a bigstick gasser and could get 1 inch up aileron but only 1/4 inch down. It seems to be the same now

Sparky

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

Typical servo travel is up to 45 degrees in each direction with the D/R and EPA set at 100%; slightly more if settings are 125% but not 90 degrees.

Is the problem you are describing viewed at the horn or control surfaces?

It's not uncommon to get slightly more travel on one side than the other at the control surface. This can be rectified by adding or reducing the EPA on the appropriate side. If reducing the EPA on the side traveling further results in less than desired travel then move the linkage further out on the horn to increase the overall travel.

Give us a call if you are still confused.

(858) 748-6948

Mike.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:42 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

I'm not following you? You might want to call us.

Mike.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Sparkey

Thanks Mike .
Talked to tech fellow had me set it to reset and all is well now.