Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora 9 radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 08:38 PM
whidbey1
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aurora 9 radio

Hi
What will the street price be on the Aurora 9 radio?

Thank you

Bill
Old 02-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Eplane65
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Aurora 9 radio

This looks very interesting. While I have no idea what the price is, I just hope they tested these well so that no problems arise after it goes into service. I'm still a little goosey about JR/Spektrum stuff. Mine do some funny things.

Looks like Hitec listened to it's customers and included features that we all want. I hope they have a good selection of receivers that are priced well.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:15 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

We will announce the pricing soon, but as always it will be a good bang for your buck.

Mike.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Wlouigene
My Feedback: (66)

I am a long time fan of JR but when this radio comes out, I will be first one that buy one
Old 02-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Mike Fortin

Looks great, I know this has been in the works for a while now and from the looks of it lots of customer feedback went into it.

With the new 8V servos that are available it should be a killer combo, I know those servos are Bad Azz.[8D]

Old 02-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Andika

I hope it will be upgradeable by USB interface and without BUGS like the Futaba 10C.
Aurora 9 will come with NiMh or Li-Ion battery ? how many laguages on the software ?
Old 02-27-2009, 05:26 PM
MikeMayberry

It looks like the street price is going to be at or around $429.99 for the TX and 7 channel RX (2.4ghz) and $459.99 with the 9 channel Rx. We are shooting for July/August delivery with the 7 CH RX and then 1-2 months later the 9 channel and smaller 6 channel RX's will be available.

The Spectra 2.4Ghz module used is the same that will be available for the Optic and Eclipse although it connects through the Aurora digitally so there is no added latency. It will also be able to use the Spectra Pro module to synthesize any 72mhz channel (USA.) You will, however, need to change to the appropriate antenna depending on the freq. band you want to use.

Compare the Aurora to the JR 9303 and Futaba 10C which both cost substantially more!

I think it will come with NiMh but is Li IO/PO compatible. I'm not sure on how many languages???

Mike.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:11 AM
rcprof

I hope this machine a great day so I can buy, I Eclipse7 with spectra module using 2 years.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Andika

Thanks Mike.

These price are with servos ? if yes which servos ?
There will be a version native with 2.4 ?
Will it work with Fasst rx's ?
Old 03-02-2009, 04:34 PM
MikeMayberry

These prices are for the Transmitter and receiver only on 2.4Ghz. A synthesized 72mhz version (Tx,RX)will also be available for $399.99.

The Aurora is module based so it can use Hitec 2.4 and 72mhz (with Spectra Pro module) as well as all other manufactures FM receivers. Also since it is capable of PPM (FM), it will allow the use of other brands 2.4 module/recevers.

2.4ghz receivers are only compatilbe with the same brand module. So if you wanted to use Futaba FAAST receivers with the Aurora, you would need to install the FUtaba FAAST module.

Mike.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Andika

Thanks Mike

Answers these questions please...
It will be upgradeable by USB interface and Memory Card like 12FG from Futaba ?
With other modules like FASST this Tx will add more latency ? and Aurora 9 is 2048 resolution ?
I dont know why the PCM version will be available later and not a native 2.4 to compete with the new Futaba native 10CG ??
I hope that the battery has 6 cells ( 7.2v) because if it is NiMh we can change it for a Li-On 7.4v

pros: backlight, telemetry, touch screen, price, helicopter features, red sticks, free switches that Spektrum and JR dont have

cons: black wire outside the module, and 2.4 not native for the moment. and maybe some BUGS for the first versions, []
I will maybe wait for christmas in order that they correct the BUGS
Old 03-03-2009, 03:34 PM
MikeMayberry

Yes, it will be capable of downloading/uploading software and settings via the PC. You will need the new (not yet availble) HPP-22 as the interface. No memory card.

Any brand 2.4Ghz module will add latency as it is using the PPM interface. The Hitec 2.4Ghz module uses a digital interface so it will be the quickest.

4096 resolution with Hitec 2.4GHz. Update: Oops... I just found out it's 2048, not 4096. Sorry!

The Aurora will be compatible with Hitec QPCM and all brands FM receivers with the Spectra Pro module. Using the Hitec 2.4Ghz module it is compatible with Hitec 2.4Ghz receivers. There is just one version. I don't see why it's a con not having it only as a dedicated 2.4Ghz system other than not having the wire connecting the antenna. I think is more of a Pro having the system be capable of using multiple brands receivers/ modules instead of just one.

Yes, it uses 6 cells (7.2v) 1300mah Nimh. It can select Nicad/NimH or Li-Po with adjustable cut off (6v -7v.)

Mike.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:09 AM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike,

IMHO Hitec hit a homerun with their modular approach. It opens up so many different avenues and opportunities to use almost any arrangement of available equipment and just as important equipment that is not yet available. Why others are not doing the same has to be a marketing decision based on brand loyalty using non diverse proprietary equipment. I remember this same struggle/logic within the home PC market and watched Radio Shack, Apple and IBM attempt to keep their equipment sealed and in most cases adding after market products voided the warranty guess where that ended. The only survivor is Apple and they have about 2% of the market share. Great computer, no software. Gosh that could start a rash of ranting.

I am a very satisfied new owner of a JR 12X and a bunch of JR 9 & 12 channel receivers. The new 12X firmware cannot be updated via my PC (it has to be sent to Horizon), cannot use anything except JR/Spektrum recievers and will be obsolete as soon as the first 900 mhz systems are available. Considering that it cost three times what the Aurora 9 is going to cost those detractors are not of little consequence. The Aurora 9 meets all of my expectations but, there is one more very important consideration and that is the radio programming logic that must be better than the past Hitec programming. If it is more similar to JR than Futaba then I would be happy but either would be ok, I guess. It needs to be logical to use rather than just from memorization kind of thing. Do you know when we might be able to download the owners manual in order to evaluate the programming. From prior posts I am reading into your responses that the Spektrum module for the Futaba 9C can be used in the Aurora 9 - am I correct? If so then I can use all of my JR 2.4 receivers.

Can't wait to hit the buy button and thanks for the many hours you spend responding to our many questions and concerns - I appreciate it and my guess is that most folks would agree with me.

Howard
Old 03-04-2009, 03:40 PM
MikeMayberry

We're currently working on the manual, so it will be a while before this is available for download. I'll try to post more info in the near future on its capabilities.

Mike.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:08 PM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Its been a long time coming and looking forward to it. My current active radios are four Prism 7X and four Eclipse 7's in which all model space is filled with active airplanes and using an XPS module with I think six airplanes now in whichever of the 7X or eclipse.

You are perhaps just in time to rescue me. The Tx prices seem just fine but as always the key to success will be the independant pricing of the lowest cost full range Rx's, assuming thats the seven channel unit.

John
Old 03-04-2009, 04:22 PM
MikeMayberry

The 6 channel will be the least expensive @ $49.99, with the 7Ch @ $69.99 and the 9Ch @ $99.99.

You could also use your XPS module and receivers with it too.

Mike.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:42 PM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

The 6 channel will be the least expensive @ $49.99,

Thats the magic number, Now ya'll get back to work on that manual

John
Old 03-05-2009, 02:35 PM
MikeMayberry

There's some screen shots of the Aurora posted here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post11732543

Mike.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:52 AM
micboy

Hi...

One quick question....

I have an Eclipse 7 radio 35 MHz and own 9 receivers... Now knowing that a new Hitec radio is on the way saving CASH... has just started.. Can I use the Eclipse module in the Aurora 9 in order to keep using the current receivers... and obviously any new addition will be 2.4 GHz receivers

Thanks
Michael
Old 03-25-2009, 03:11 PM
RCSPORT FLYER
My Feedback: (11)

Mike, I have the Spectra module(50 channel)model#HP-PLL Is this the same as a Spectra pro?

John
Old 03-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Brendan Lugo

The spectra pro is similar to the old spectra but does not have the dials on the side of the module. It is a digital interface through the Aurora transmitter for selecting your channel.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Brendan Lugo

ORIGINAL: micboy

Hi...

One quick question....

I have an Eclipse 7 radio 35 MHz and own 9 receivers... Now knowing that a new Hitec radio is on the way saving CASH... has just started.. Can I use the Eclipse module in the Aurora 9 in order to keep using the current receivers... and obviously any new addition will be 2.4 GHz receivers

Thanks
Michael

The old Spectra module will not work in the Aurora. The pin plugs are in a different location. You can still use your old receivers with the Aurora though.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:17 AM
micboy

Hi..Brendan

I have just the 35Mhz Module not the spectra one the one I own is the one that works with the TX crystal no dials to choose the channels... may I ask how I can still use the current receivers on the Aurora

Thanks
Michael
Old 03-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Brendan Lugo

It would still have the same plug in issue as the Spectra module to the Aurora.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:40 AM
micboy

Thanks for your reply...

So you mean that I can just remove the 2.4ghz Module from the Aurora radio and install the 35Mhz one.....? as I sent an email to hitec service center and siad....

Hello Michael,
Thank you for choosing Hitec products. The Aurora will accept a
35MHz module, but it will have to be the Spectra Pro Module as the Aurora
uses less voltage to operate, the module had to be modified to accept the
lower voltage with the same output power.

So i am a bit confused....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.