Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora 9 radio

Old 03-30-2009, 02:36 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aurora 9 radio

You would need the Spectra Pro module on 35mhz.

Mike.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Spitfire222

Hi Mike,

I have a quick question. Do you know if the Aurora will ship with other accessories such as a custom metal carrying case and neckstrap?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:19 AM
Brendan Lugo

Those items more than likely would have to be a seperate purchase.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Wayne Miller

Hi,

Can you tell me if:

1. The Aurora software will allow you to select Mode 1, 2, 3, or 4?

2. Also, I'm assuming you would have to by each transmitter frequency module seperately that you will need, example 72mhz and 2.4ghz, is this correct?

3. If the transmitter has a 72mhz module, will the transmitter allow you to select positive and negative shift in the software, that is, would it be compatible with JR, Futaba, Airtronics and Hitec standard receivers?

Thanks for your help.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller
Old 04-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Brendan Lugo

ORIGINAL: Wayne Miller

Hi,

Can you tell me if:

1. The Aurora software will allow you to select Mode 1, 2, 3, or 4?
Yes it has all 4 modes plus a custom mode option.

2. Also, I'm assuming you would have to by each transmitter frequency module seperately that you will need, example 72mhz and 2.4ghz, is this correct?
Yes.

3. If the transmitter has a 72mhz module, will the transmitter allow you to select positive and negative shift in the software, that is, would it be compatible with JR, Futaba, Airtronics and Hitec standard receivers?
Yes you will still have the shift select option for 72mhz.

Thanks for your help.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller
Old 04-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Wayne Miller

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the update.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Old 04-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Doug Gifford

Hello,
The HiTec Aurora looks great and I'm eager to see one. I originally owned Flash 5's, then Prism 7x's and later an Eclipse. I needed quad wing and jumped to the Futaba 9C as a result.

Questions...
1. I wonder about the robustness of the touch screen. What is the technology used?, what is the surface material?

2. Can the Aurora do quad wing?

3. If you use an FM Spectrum module how would you rig the antenna?

4. Does the Aurora have a programmable trainer function? The 9C could use its internal mixing and settings even if buddied to a "dumb" 4 channel box. Also you could program what channeled transferred to the student. You could retain throttle and rudder on the instructor box for example - this was very nice.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Doug Gifford
Old 04-15-2009, 02:36 PM
MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: Doug Gifford

Hello,
The HiTec Aurora looks great and I'm eager to see one. I originally owned Flash 5's, then Prism 7x's and later an Eclipse. I needed quad wing and jumped to the Futaba 9C as a result.

Questions...
1. I wonder about the robustness of the touch screen. What is the technology used?, what is the surface material?

2. Can the Aurora do quad wing?

3. If you use an FM Spectrum module how would you rig the antenna?

4. Does the Aurora have a programmable trainer function? The 9C could use its internal mixing and settings even if buddied to a "dumb" 4 channel box. Also you could program what channeled transferred to the student. You could retain throttle and rudder on the instructor box for example - this was very nice.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Doug Gifford
1. I don't have that info... it's very high quality though.
2. Yes. The only preset wing type not present is a 6 servo (4 ail, 2 flap) but it can be programmed if needed.
3. With an PPM module you would need to attach the standard antenna.
4. Yes. Go here to view numerous screen shots including the trainer select screen: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1012180

Mike.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Wayne Miller

Hi Mike,

Can you tell me which radios the Aurora 9 can "buddy box" to? and would a special trainer cord be required?

I know different radios have different channel assignments and different wiring for the trainer cord.

Thanks for the great information.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne

Old 04-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Wayne Miller

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure if the above post got missed, so I thought I'd bring this to the top. Can you let me know about the buddy box question? Thanks.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Old 04-29-2009, 04:30 PM
biggerbetter

Will the Aurora be able to use two receivers in one aircraft,for large scale models.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:59 PM
norio79

Hi Mike,
I also have some questions regarding giant scale. I need a new radio for a 35% Extra using 6 HS-7955TG servos and one HS-7950. I have seen that there is a secondary power supply port in the 9ch 2.4 rx but it doesn't seem like it would be enough to power that many servos. I want to use a system that doesn't require a voltage regulator or a power expander for the servos. Is that possible? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 04-30-2009, 01:52 PM
MikeMayberry

Wayne- Sorry for the delay in responding to your question. The Aurora will be compatible with all Hitec radios only as far as I know. It may be compatible with some Futaba systems just like our older radios, but I have not tested this yet.

BiggerBetter- Since our system uses two way communication is will not allow two receivers to bind to the TX at one time. You should not need two receivers though. Our 9 Ch RX will have dual antennas for added redundancy but even with the single antenna RX we have not had any issues. This boosted omni-directional antenna technolgy that we use is very good and eliminated the dead zones seen with other systems that require a minimum of two antennas.

norio79- The SPC (Supplemental Power Connection) is to power the RX only to ensure that there is never a voltage drop which could cause a brownout. The standard power connection would be able to power all those servos with the proper battery. Note the 7950 is rated for unregulated 2S Lipos and furthermore, our testing has also shown that the 7955's will handle that voltage as well even though it is not rated for it in the specs. Therefor you could use dual 2S Lipo packs into the RX (One for the RX and the other for the servos) with no issues.

Mike.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:21 AM
norio79

That great! But I still have some concerns and questions about the power supply to the rx. Does the rx use standard servo connectors for the battery input? If so, aren't they rated for 5 amps max? I would think that a setup with 6 7955TGs and 1 7950 would at least require a minimum current of 10 amps. Is it possible to plug more than one battery in to power the servos? Is there a way around this current issue?
Sorry for all the questions but this is the deciding factor for me.
Thank you.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Wayne Miller

Hi Mike,

I just got the Hitec brochure and I see all the channels are assignable so I'm guessing you should be able to set up the radio to be compatible to any other radio for buddy boxing as long as you have the correct cable and connectors.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Old 05-01-2009, 12:37 PM
MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: norio79

That great! But I still have some concerns and questions about the power supply to the rx. Does the rx use standard servo connectors for the battery input? If so, aren't they rated for 5 amps max? I would think that a setup with 6 7955TGs and 1 7950 would at least require a minimum current of 10 amps. Is it possible to plug more than one battery in to power the servos? Is there a way around this current issue?
Sorry for all the questions but this is the deciding factor for me.
Thank you.
You can plug additional batteries into any open slot to power the servos. So yes, dual packs to power the servos which would spread the load would be a good method for high powered servos like that to assure adequate power flow.

Mike.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:09 PM
rc4j
My Feedback: (103)

I'm using the Futaba 8U Super, with a mixture of Futaba & Hitec FM receivers, some of the Futaba's are PCM. With the Aurora 9 and the Spectra Pro module, will I still be able to use my Futaba PCM receivers? If so, can you explain the setup? thanks!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:10 PM
MikeMayberry

Unfortunately, PCM is proprietary and is not compatible between brands, or even versions within the same brand for that matter.

The Aurora will be compatible with all brands FM (PPM) receivers and Hitec's QPCM RX with the Spectra Pro module.

Mike.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Andika

Hi Mike

What do you think about the backlight LCD touch screen ?
The light is clear and white like the 10C screen or less good
Old 05-08-2009, 02:29 PM
MikeMayberry

The screen is the best part of the radio!!! It's got a green background with dark blue lettering similar to the Futaba 12Z. It's very easy to see inside and out in the sun.

Mike.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:40 AM
norio79

Hi Mike,
Thanks for all your help.
The Tower Hobbies estimated delivery dates are driving me crazy. I know you've been asked many times but do you know of a realistic availability date for the Aurora 9 with the 7ch rx and the HS-7950?
Thanks,
Norio
Old 05-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Andika

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

The screen is the best part of the radio!!! It's got a green background with dark blue lettering similar to the Futaba 12Z. It's very easy to see inside and out in the sun.

Mike.

You did not answer my question...[>:]
The LCD backlight is white like the 10C Tx or better ???

I will not buy the first version with some BUGS or the black wire outside module, but I expect for a V2 for the next year without defects.
Well Mike I am very happy about the price, around $200 cheaper than the new 10CG!!! unbelievable but true

I would like to see the manual but if the price drops under $400 at Tower with Winter Rebate + free shipping + Gift Certificate....... you never know.. [8D]
Old 05-21-2009, 07:55 AM
zx32tt
My Feedback: (9)

Are there any latency issues with the Aurora, like those present in the Futaba 9C?

zx32tt

Old 05-22-2009, 03:31 PM
MikeMayberry

No, it's very quick since the 2.4ghz module interface is digital. It's when you convert the digital 2.4ghz module through an analog PPM input that you add a tremendous amount of latency.

Mike.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:27 AM
IJAA

Mike,
First, how are the flight conditions changed while flying? Also, can the programmed settings for exponential rates on the surfaces be different in the flight conditions or do the ones assigned to switches have to be used. I guess I'm asking if the flight cond's have to be combination's of switch settings or if they can be independent? Second can the flaps be controlled with a slider or at least one of the three position switches?

Thanks,
John

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.