Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora 9 radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Jurgen Heilig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aurora 9 radio

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

Believe me... with all the buzz on this radio right now; I will post the link as soon as the manual is done!

Mike.
Hi Mike,

did you forget about the link?

http://www.hitecrcd.com/product_file...a_9_manual.pdf

Jürgen
Old 09-24-2009, 04:55 AM
LAN

He did put that link on almost all other threads for the Aurora, so I think he did a pretty good job even if he forgot this one .

Nice manual, btw. I can understand now why it took so long time to finish, lots of screen shots and illustrations. I cannot claim that I actually read it yet, but the overall impression of the layout is very nice and I give it a high easy-to-read rating, compared to many other existing manuals for other well-known brands.

/Leif
Old 10-11-2009, 10:51 PM
retvsp
My Feedback: (81)

Hi, I'm getting back into the airplane hobby and it sounds like the HITEC Aurora is the way to go these days. I was a kraft guy, anyway I called TH today and they were of no help. Where can one purchase this radio at this time or can I? Thanks
Old 10-12-2009, 10:52 AM
jeffy

i ordered mine sometime in may i think aurora 9 is the way to go i have been waiting for over 2 years for hitec to come out with a 2.4

trust me you won't be disappointed price wise and function for the sport flyer its a no brainer..

hope this helps................

it just may take another month.....tic tock tic tock we wait...............
Old 10-12-2009, 06:39 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

The Aurora's started shipping TODAY!!!

Mike.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:50 AM
rambler53
My Feedback: (494)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&P=9&I=LXXCZ3

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&P=9&I=LXXCZ5

I need a 10% off coupon!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Minnreefer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't help you with tower, but I know that Advantage hobby has a 10% coupon now thru the 17th of Oct. plus free shipping. I just need some extra money.

Jon
Old 10-15-2009, 06:19 PM
raptor30se

Yippeee, I can acknowledge its shipping....Just received my tracking info from hobby people for the Aurora 9 and 7 channel receiver....I caught it on their early deal for $369!
Old 11-02-2009, 04:19 PM
orcrest

Brendan Lugo

You said in another post that the radio and receivers are not region specific. Am I correct in assuming that if I purchase a 36MHz Spectra Pro and plug it into a US purchased Aurora9 radio that the system automatically detects the region and would give me the appropriate 36MHz frequencies? Or do you have to manually set the region in the menu somewhere?

Thanks

Da Orc
Old 11-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Brendan Lugo

To my knowledge yes it should work that way. The frequencies are all with in the module so it tells the transmitter what frequencies are available.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:50 PM
orcrest

Thanks Brendan.

Does it make any difference what region is on the radio menu when using the 2.4GHz module? Is there some way to change the region in the menus at all? Also, if I buy from the US it will come with a 110V wall-charger, can I use my 220V Eclipse7 charger to charge the Aurora or is it different polarity?

Cheers
Old 11-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Brendan Lugo

The transmitters are all the same. There is no difference between the ones sold here and the ones sold in your area.
The Eclipse wall charger will not work with the A9. The chargers are completly different not to mention those two radios use different voltage batteries and different plugs for the charging port.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:10 AM
jeffy

how long does it take for the stores to get them

still waiting seems like 7 months now
Old 11-07-2009, 11:26 AM
MikeMayberry

We've shipped 250 to date with some shops just now getting them.

Mike.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Gungadin

Mike, Any plans for a dedicated 2.4 version of the A9 ? And what kind of adapter is available for the current version to get it to balance when using a neck strap ?
Old 11-07-2009, 02:42 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Gungadin Mike, Any plans for a dedicated 2.4 version of the A9 ? And what kind of adapter is available for the current version to get it to balance when using a neck strap ?
Hitec USA closed for weekend, so whilst waiting,earlier responses have been:
"Hitec will offer the Optic 6 Sport in a native 2.4 configuration. All other systems will use the module interface" - Mike. "
No update to this advice has been received from owner, butam sure Mike willkeep topic updated as and when further information is available.
Aurora balance question
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 11-07-2009, 11:44 PM
orcrest

Mike or Brendan or anyone else that has done it

I have the Eclipse7 and want to transfer my models to the Aurora. Will the models function exactly the same if I just transfer the settings straight across, like for like i.e. the EPAs, EXPO, servo reversing, mixes etc? Or will I have to start from scratch?

Sorry if it's already been asked but there are so many huge threads across many sites that I have info overload and can't find this answer.

Cheers
Da Orc
Old 11-08-2009, 02:35 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: orcrest. Mike or Brendan or anyone else that has done it. I have the Eclipse7 and want to transfer my models to the Aurora. Will the models function exactly the same if I just transfer the settings straight across, like for like i.e. the EPAs, EXPO, servo reversing, mixes etc? Or will I have to start from scratch? Sorry if it's already been asked but there are so many huge threads across many sites that I have info overload and can't find this answer. Cheers Da Orc
Yes and No: Set up with same parameters and model will operate in a similar manner except that depending upon the age of the older TX, the trims may vary. All electronics drift away from original paramenters relative to age and use. On a 3D model with large control surfaces, there was a trim difference between Eclipse and Aurora on the elevators, barely noticeable on Aileron and Nil on Throttle. Flaps were setto a fixed position on a switch rather than the rotary knob on the Eclipse so could notcompare accurately.
When first transferring selected models from my Optic 6 or Eclipse 7, all parameters were set up with same values on both screens, then control movements weretested with the trainer cable (refer
Hitec Aurora Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up )
to confirmmovements were actually the samebefore flight. This with the Aurora firstset as the student, thus when flicking the trainer switch on the Eclipse or Optic, any slight twitch could be adjusted with the trim on Aurora to compensate. The Optima RX was then swapped in and model retested with the Aurora as master and theolder set as the slave to ensure all movements were still neutral when control switched back and forth.
On the flying field, it was as if model had always flown on the same TX except the Auroramade this average pilot feelas if skills had actually improved - smooth.

Regards
Alan T.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:44 PM
orcrest

EXCELLENT!

Thanks Alan, I was worried I was in for a lot of mucking about. Of course with two eclipses full of models it ain't gonna be a quick process! Do the PC interface and #58321 Trainer Cord come in the box when you buy the Aurora or are they separate purchases, I am buying from Tower and I can't find that info or separate listings for them?

Cheers

Da Orc
Old 11-08-2009, 04:56 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: orcrest EXCELLENT! Thanks Alan, I was worried I was in for a lot of mucking about. Of course with two eclipses full of models it ain't gonna be a quick process! Do the PC interface and #58321 Trainer Cord come in the box when you buy the Aurora or are they separate purchases, I am buying from Tower and I can't find that info or separate listings for them? Cheers Da Orc
Trainer cables are an optional extra.
Package is same as that used with the older Optic Sport TX and another brand. Hitec products usually readily available in USA at Hobby Horse or Servo City.
Outside USA Hitec # 58321 Trainer Cord full package Ace Hobby Ltd at NZ$25.90 less GST for exports = US$16.60 (today's exchange rate) but Air Parcel Post cost to USA is high with min US$9.00.

Regards
Alan T.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:21 AM
jeffy

not a happy camper here

I am still waiting and my friends also to get the aurora 9 radio I ordered it on june....

It has become a joke at my field about this matter.......

can you you please give us a honest answer when can we expect our order for the last 6

months to come in..........thank you in advance,,,,,,
Old 12-11-2009, 08:38 PM
GhostRider32

I'm a little frustrated myself and I ordered in October........ The upside I guess is that this radio is view by so many as being the best radio to be introduced into RC in years. I am personally ready to receive mine now but I do believe that it will be worth the wait.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:31 PM
MikeMayberry

We have now shipped a very significant amount of radios (7ch & 9ch versions) in the last week, so if you have had one on backorder for a while you should be getting it shortly.

Where did you guys order it from?

Mike.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:26 AM
GhostRider32

We have now shipped a very significant amount of radios (7ch & 9ch versions) in the last week, so if you have had one on backorder for a while you should be getting it shortly.

Mike.
Tower.

Also, let me say Mike that even though we are all waiting, you have done a superb job at keeping us as informed as possible and that shows alot about you. Good job.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:35 AM
jeffy

I ordered mine in june from MEISTER SCALE www.meister-scale.com thats Dino Di Giorgio you might know him he is a 5 time top gun champ he ordered it from horizon they had it on back order since then . I also ordered a Spectra 2.4GHz Module with 2 Optima 7 Channel 2.4GHz AFHSS Receivers

anyway thanks in advance 6 months waiting for a product is a extreme

Mike.
long time....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.