Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Flaperon and channel 5-weird behavior

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 10:20 PM
flhyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flaperon and channel 5-weird behavior

Hello,

I am having some trouble with my brand new supreme IIS receiver that I would like some help with. I have a futaba 6exap (FM) on channel 25, and have all the mixes turned off, except for the flaperon function since I want to run dual aileron servos without using a Y harness. The way it is set up inhibits the flap function from working, even when you turn the flap knob (ie flap trip set to 0) and the flap mix set to 0%. This should give me control of two servos: 1 & 6 for ailerons.

This is where it gets weird; everything works as expected, except when I flip the gear switch (ch.5). This causes the channel 6 servo to move ever so slightly, about a clicks worth of trim. I flip the gear switch back to its original position and the servo goes back to its original position. I've tried different servos, no improvement, so I tried this on my OEM futaba receiver, and channel 6 does not move when the gear switch position is changed.

Is this a known bug with the IIS? what should I do? I hate to send the receiver in and wait even for a few days since I've already got a use for it and the weather in TX is great this time of year.

Thanks in advance.

Pete
Old 02-27-2009, 07:49 PM
flhyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flaperon and channel 5-weird behavior

Update: Upon further inspection, the oem futaba reciever does the same thing, so of course now I must blame the transmitter and will post my question there.

On a side note, this Supreme IIS reciever gives me a much more solid range check compared to the futaba one.