Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Programing issue with my 5945

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 02:16 PM
hosam
My Feedback: (121)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programing issue with my 5945

Guys I need help on the Hitec programmer (HFP20). My problem goes like this, I am setting up my Hitec 5945 with my Futaba 9C and PCM receiver. The servo is first rest to factory specs by the programmer and the CW/CCW is set for the correct control surface movement; nothing else is set at this point. The servo is then connected to the receiver and the radio is turned on to check to see if the center mark with the horn used is perpendicular to the servo case and in this case it is dead on.

The servo is now connected to the programmer in the servo socket and the receiver is connected in the receiver socket. The end point & center command is chosen and the first thing I check for is the center and it needs to be set at –5 (using the M button) to be dead on (same position as with the servo connect to the receiver and both radio and receiver are powered up). Then the knob is turned to –105 to set the right position (up button) then 95 to get the left position set (down button) to get the starting desired travel. After bring the knob back to the –5 mark the input button is pressed to exit the programmer.

When the servo is plugged back to the receiver directly to check for center and travel I noticed that the servo is now off center. What am I doing wrong?
Old 04-21-2009, 03:15 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Programing issue with my 5945

The center pulse width on the Futaba TX's is 1600us where the Hitec servos use 1500us. Use whatever setting is needed to get the desired center and end points as the number are arbitrary.

Mike.