Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Eclipse 7 Spectra question

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 02:25 AM
multicasting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse 7 Spectra question

I purchased my Eclipse 7 Spectra a little less than four yearsago. It has been a wonderful Radio. However the last four weeks has led me to believe I have something very wrong with it. On one occasion I lost complete contact with my aircraft which subsequently went swimming in the nearby lake. No jitters or anything. As I was in a routine turn, it simply stopped taking inputs, holding the last inut registered. Thus it flew very gracefully to it's demise.Since I was only able to retrieve the floating parts,I was unable to check the battery. Another month goes by without incident.

Saturday I went flying initially without incident with a reliable aircraft.As I readied an aircraft I haven't flow yet this season, there was no communication with the receiver. I popped out the synth module and checked the channel which was fine. Figuring that the receiver went bad, I put that aircraft away. Next up was my new classic pattern ship. Now this one was not communicating either! I reseated the synth module and now it worked. OK wierd. Then suddenly it didn't work. I tapped the radio and now it is working. After an hour of testing no other issues came up. I concluded that I didn't snap the module in after checking it with the other aircraft.A few flights later, during flight, the aircraft stopped responding. An alert friend reaches over and taps on my transmitter. Suddenly I have control again in just enought time to save the aircraft.I decide my flying is done for the day.

Clearly something is wrong. The radio was dropped about two years ago and I had to replace the landing gear switch. Perhaps I have been lucky all this time.

What will Hitec charge me to look at the radio and give me an estimate?

Thanks!

Bob

Old 07-13-2009, 09:56 AM
tohm

Default RE: Eclipse 7 Spectra question

We don't charge to look at an item. Once a tech figures out the problem, he will give you a call with an estimate. If you would like the transmitter repaired, you can arrange payment with the tech. If not, we'll send it back no charge.

Tony Ohm
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Old 07-13-2009, 06:28 PM
multicasting

Well cool! I just went out and purchased another Eclipse 7 today. However, I would like to have this one inspected. What is the process for sending it back? Having a spare unit adds expandabilty to my fleet!

Bob
You can E-mail me at ([email protected]) thanks!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:55 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: multicasting Well cool! I just went out and purchased another Eclipse 7 today. However, I would like to have this one inspected. What is the process for sending it back? Having a spare unit adds expandabilty to my fleet! Bob You can E-mail me at ([email protected]) thanks!
Hitec service information
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links