Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Eclipse 7 Problem ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 09:18 PM
C. Dobbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse 7 Problem ?

I have an eclipse 7 with a spectra module HP-PLL(qpcm/ppm module). My plane is an electrified Spirit Elite with a Berg receiver, with a Castle Creations motor controller with a BEC. My radio has no mods to it to use the module in the Qpcm mode.

I have used this combination for many hours with no problems. Recently I have crashed this plane twice. Both times the crash was due to sudden elevator up at approach speed and the plane suddenly pitching up,stalling then nose diving and me not being able to recover because of low altitude.

The first time I found the elevator to be in the about 50% up position, but because of the amount of damage, I attributed it to servo/linkage damage as a result of the crash. I rebuilt the plane,changed the elevator servo(it seemed to work ok, but changed anyway.

The first few flights after rebuilding were fine, but it crashed again with the same flight conditions as before,but not as much damage. Upon inspecting I found the elevator in the about 50% up condition on the plane. This I believe was about the same amount as the previous crash. The transmitter as in the first crash was:

Channel 2 subtrim= 0,trim=+1

To return the elevator servo to neutral I had to put in +32 of down trim

Now here is the only common condition of the radio that I don't think I ever used except for the two times I crashed . I had the radio in the edit mode by pressing the two edit buttons before I launched. I was in the Crow mode menu and the crow switch was on. My reason for being in the edit mode while flying was so I could adjust the elevator coupling trim for the crow mode without having to land each time to change the elevator coupling. I cannot find in the manual if having the radio in the edit mode is something I should not be doing. I never got the chance to put the plane in the crow mode or do any changing of the elevator coupling,but I did fly normally for about 5 minutes before crashing.

In the Crow mode:

Channel 1= +50

Channel 2= -10

Channel 6= +100

Was my problem due to being in the edit mode while flying or a problem in the radio,etc. The only unusual problem I have had for some time with the radio is getting into the edit mode. Usually takes 10 to 15 tries of pushing both buttons at the same time. I had returned the radio last year I think for a trim switch not working I believe, I cant find the paperwork on it. The only numbers on the radio are on a tag in the battery compartment B-392185.

My radio battery was just charged, and the li-po plane battery was fully charged.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:16 PM
tohm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eclipse 7 Problem ?

If you haven't recieved my email, in it I mentioned that the best course for you is to send the radio in for service.

Tony Ohm
Hitec/Multiplex USA