Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Canadian Evo12

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 06:12 PM
vulcan1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian Evo12

I have an EVO 12 with several synth. receivers and have a couple of questions. You mentioned to send it to a location in our country but I have not found a place that will do the upgrades. I also have been told by several owners that the old rf module and scanner will not work after and with the upgrade the rf module is replaced and the scanner we have to purchase. Is the scanner available and if so how much? I am not sure if the upgrade will benefit myself but if there is any future upgrades I guess this software will have to be installed. The last question concerns the recall I was also informed on if there is one on the TX. My sn: is 387138 if that is some help.
I know we won't get the 2.4 but in my location I don't have any problems staying on 72mhz. unless we have to change later. I have been around for a while since the 27mhz days and the narrow band thing so it may happen with this also but I hope not.
You can send me a reply if need be to [email protected]
Thanks from somebody that is a little frustrated.
John
Old 09-08-2009, 04:42 PM
tohm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Canadian Evo12

The update offered in the US and Canada is just the firmware. You will still be able to use your old module and scanner. Once the firmware is updated, you will also be able to use the latest Datamanager.

In Canada, JN RC electronics is able to provide the firmware update. Here's the contact info:
PH: 604-929-7477
email: [email protected]

Unfortunately, the serial number does not help determine if your radio is part of the recall. The best thing is to check the sticky at the top of this forum and compare your purchase date with those mentioned.

Tony Ohm
Hitec/Multiplex USA