Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

WILL I NEED SHIELDING?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 10:28 AM
marwen1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WILL I NEED SHIELDING?

With a LARGE SCALE model, I have a lot of servos at one end of a model and a lot a "y"s and a RX over 5 feet away. Periodically, I get a few glitches just sittin' there. Will I need some sheilding to hep eliminate this?

marwen1
Old 09-14-2009, 09:15 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WILL I NEED SHIELDING?

While shielding may improve "headroom" I'll go on record and suggest its NOT common place. The key ingredient is heavy duty-quality power distribution components a robust power supply and proper installation techniques. If you elaborate on your model specific set-up I might be able to help identify a source for your shortcomings.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:51 PM
marwen1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WILL I NEED SHIELDING?

I have taken the FORCE ONE and made it into a 60"WS . The aft end on this plane is exatctly that 60" Split down the middle giving me a 30" ELEVON. There is two servos on each up/down unit - 12" up in the bottom of the undercarriage from trhe T.E.

In order to help matters along I needed a 3 ft long extension for each servo that leads to a "Y" . The THROTTLE servo is located mid- fuselage as close to the ROSSI .81cc motor as I can get it. The steering is in a servo up close to nose wheel. (FIXED RUDDER)

POWER SUPPLY is - right now - 4.8 V @ 700MA. Can go up to 6V @ 1400MA

There is a JR 600 SPORT for the TX and a HiTEC RX. All servos are JR but two of them that are HiTEC.

ALL extension connections are housed in a "snap-closed" plastic box designed to keep the two plugs together.

LED landing light in the nose gear area with a separate PC board being powered from the RX.

I hope this helps out a bit.

marwen1