Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

high voltage servos question

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 05:22 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default high voltage servos question

okay I have just got my first gasser .its a wildhare baby edge.weighes about 10or 10.5..has a span of 73 inches and power is a dle 30.I want high torque servos.great..I happen to own several 5625's and want to use them on 6volts to get 130oz.inches of torque on my elevators.even better I have a 7945TG for my rudder.really great.

sooooooooo now I need servos for the ailerons.I just looked at the new 5685HV//....I see it is designed for a 7.4 lipo.but I just want to use A123 6volt system.no regulator etc...

DOES this mean I cant use this servo unless I use a high voltage set up??it shows output utlizing 6v but I am confused.

Can I use this digital with a 6volt sytem????I like the price and the torque for a dle 30cc motor.I will fly pretty much IMac and limited 3D aerobatics..

HELP>>>>>
Old 07-24-2011, 06:13 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: high voltage servos question

ORIGINAL: cloudancer03 okay I have just got my first gasser .its a wildhare baby edge.weighes about 10or 10.5..has a span of 73 inches and power is a dle 30.I want high torque servos.great..I happen to own several 5625's and want to use them on 6volts to get 130oz.inches of torque on my elevators.even better I have a 7945TG for my rudder.really great. sooooooooo now I need servos for the ailerons.I just looked at the new 5685HV//....I see it is designed for a 7.4 lipo.but I just want to use A123 6volt system.no regulator etc... DOES this mean I cant use this servo unless I use a high voltage set up??it shows output utlizing 6v but I am confused. Can I use this digital with a 6volt sytem????I like the price and the torque for a dle 30cc motor.I will fly pretty much IMac and limited 3D aerobatics.. HELP>>>>>
HS- 5685MH can be run on A123 x 2(actually 6.4v) - but being a petrol powered model, would not use less than 2 packs and two switch harness.
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Battery set up for Nitro/Gas models #1 - caution re NiMH & Alert re LiFE.
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Dual or Multiple Batteries may be installed - Avoid Brownout & Add Redundancy, even one for each servo.

more undersub Sections
"Giant Scale, Large RC models, Twins & Multi Engines" and
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ." under:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)

Alan T.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:11 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

The "6v" spec means it will run on a 5 cell pack.

Anything with that designation will run with A123's just fine, as will your HV servos.

As for 2 packs on a 30cc gasser......eh, I wouldn't do it but its your stuff.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:31 PM
cloudancer03

what I really want to know is what servos are good for ailerons on a 73 inch ,10.5 pound edge .the style of flying will be aerobatic with some 3D added in.

with a tight budget I was looking at hs 5645 mg's ..6v is 164 torque .one servo each wing. there is a hitec about the same price and 157 torque on 6v..

I have backed away from HD just because they are an off brand and sometimes you get what you pay for.

I know that some are critical of the hs 5645 for centering but inasmuch as this just for sport and the sheer joy of flying I dont think I have to worry alot.I know the speed tends to be slow but at my skill level it wont matter right now.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:57 AM
BarracudaHockey

I used 5625s on my 73" Yak from Cermark and 5645's on my 74" Extreme Flight. No problems with either.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:03 PM
cloudancer03

yeah I think if my 5625's are good enough for my elevators they should be ok for ailerons..but the 5645 has a bit more torque.and while some pilots indicatetransit times are slow at my skill level I dont see any issues,down the road if I were competive and I am not maybe a faster servo but for now these servos would seem plenty ok .I havea restricted budget but after reading dozens of posts I can tell you everone has a different opinion about any servo.time to to buy and get flying!!

by the way how did you like your 74"EF? I think after my wildhare I might go for a 3dh slick or extra..
Old 07-29-2011, 12:26 PM
BarracudaHockey

I liked it a lot. Its still flying, my buddy has it.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:52 PM
cloudancer03

I think 3dhobby and extreme flight probably have the best planes out there .