Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

7955TG servo buzz

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 12:06 AM
Indiomike
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7955TG servo buzz

I bought 6 of these 7955TG servos to go into a giant scale airplane. One servo is giving me a problem. It is buzzing off and on. The servo is positioned as an aileron servo. The linkage utilizes a ball connector on both ends so there is room for the linkage to wiggle slightly at either end. It does not appear to me that the linkage is stressing the servo. I can cause the servo to start buzzing off and on by just lightly touching the linkage. Sometimes it buzzes on its own and will stop if I merely put my finger against the linkage. I tried both tightening and loosening the servo mounting screws to see if that would resolve the buzz but no success. The aileron in the other wing is set up the exact same way and is no problem at all. It doesn't sound as strong as when servo binding (stalled) occurs but the buzz is definitely there. What should I do?
Thanks
Old 04-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Brendan Lugo

Default RE: 7955TG servo buzz

Buzzing is normal for the digitals. You are hearing the circuit refresh and the motor is acting like a speaker to make it audible.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Indiomike
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: 7955TG servo buzz

Thanks Brendan