Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Eclipse 7 Spectra

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 09:56 PM
multicasting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse 7 Spectra

I am so frustrated. Just less than a year ago, my firstEclipse 7 began experiencingintermittant signal loss. Since it was a few years old, I figured it was out of warranty and bought another one. Today I go out to the field and my new system is no longer working either. It did not make a year. How long is the warranty on this unit? I have always been concerned with how warm the spectra module becomes. Now, it does not heat up at all, and the aircraft is not getting any signal at all. What should I do?

Bob

Old 05-21-2010, 10:13 PM
mainbeam225
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Eclipse 7 Spectra

Send them both in to Hitec for service. Make sure that you send a note explaining the problem. The warranty is 1 year, but their repair costs are very reasonaable. They will call you and tell you the cost prior to repairing.

RH
Old 05-21-2010, 10:54 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: multicasting I am so frustrated. Just less than a year ago, my firstEclipse 7 began experiencingintermittant signal loss. Since it was a few years old, I figured it was out of warranty and bought another one. Today I go out to the field and my new system is no longer working either. It did not make a year. How long is the warranty on this unit? I have always been concerned with how warm the spectra module becomes. Now, it does not heat up at all, and the aircraft is not getting any signal at all. What should I do? Bob
What is the battery voltage showing on the screen when TX is turned on and left for say 30<60 seconds?
otherwise
Hitec Service Request Form is in PDF format. Print it out, fill it out, and send the form with your radios to the address on the form

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 05-22-2010, 08:28 PM
multicasting

The voltage is usually around 11.2 on a full charge. Also, I just found the receipt and I acually purchased the radio on July 22, of last year. So I am still in the warrenty period. I will package up the new one with the receipt and send it in. I will send on the other one as well since it is a paperweight. I have tp figure out the procedure to sen this in now.

In the mean time I have a show to perform at in a couple of weeks so I purchased a new Futaba system today. However it would be nice to have this a a back up.

Bob
Old 05-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Brendan Lugo

Hitec's warranty is 2 years. Send in the items so we can check them over.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:33 PM
multicasting

Thanks for your help. I sent them both in this morning. If I understand correctly, someone will contact me when the package is received?

Thank you

Bob
Old 06-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Brendan Lugo

When the package is received and checked into the service q you will get a automated email (if you provided a email address for us) that your item was received. Current turn around time is approxamently 7 business days for a tech to be working on your order. Once he determines the problem he will contact you with a repair estimate.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:28 AM
multicasting

Should I be concerned that Istill haven't heard soemthing back from you guys? I sent the package in 2 weeks ago. The package shows a confirmed deliery of June 23, 2010. I have yet tohear from anyone. I provided an E-mail address, telephone number, and a physical address. I addition to the repair ticket, I also wrote a detailed letter with all of my information. Enclosed in the packeage were two eclipse 7 transmitters.

Thank you

Bob

See details of delivery below:

Label/Receipt Number: 0309 2880 0002 0418 2335
Class: Package Services
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation<sup>™</sup>
Insured
Insured
Delivered

>Status: Delivered

Your item was delivered at 10:12 AM on June 23, 2010 in POWAY, CA 92064.

Detailed Results:
Delivered, June 23, 2010, 10:12 am, POWAY, CA 92064
Out for Delivery or Available at PO Box, June 23, 2010, 8:23 am, POWAY, CA 92064
Sorting Complete, June 23, 2010, 7:53 am, POWAY, CA 92064
Arrival at Post Office, June 23, 2010, 5:47 am, POWAY, CA 92064
Acceptance, June 19, 2010, 1:17 pm, DUNCANVILLE, TX 75137