Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

laser 4 throttle not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 01:34 AM
paintballtommy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default laser 4 throttle not working

the throttle controll on my laser 4 doesnt seem to be working. it will only start to move the serrvo at about half throttle all the way up to full. but its not even near enough movement. could this be a crystal problem or am i screwed and need to buy a new radio?

Thanks,
Tommy
Old 07-21-2003, 01:52 AM
C_Watkins
My Feedback: (10)

No way it's a crystal problem, if your other channels work ok.
Before you go out and buy new... try a different servo on that channel,
and make sure you check your travel adjustments to make sure something's not funny there.

If that doesn't help, and you (or a buddy) have another receiver or transmitter
on the same channel, try your trans with his recvr, or vice-versa, to see which
part is actually bad. At that point, you might even consider sending it in for service.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:02 AM
paintballtommy

other servos do the same thing on that channel i dont know whats wrong and where are the travel adjustments on the radio?
Old 07-21-2003, 02:17 AM
paintballtommy

okay one thing i noticed is wierd is when i push in on the throttle stick a bit it will give me more movement in the bottom of the sticks throw? wierd or what.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:18 AM
C_Watkins
My Feedback: (10)

You'll either have to experiment, refer to the manual, or have an experienced friend help you.
I've never owned a hitec, but would guess there's a panel on front, back or side,
with switches for reversing, and pots for endpoint and/or travel adjustment.

It's the sort of thing anyone experienced in RC could probably show you in ten seconds,
but is nearly impossible over the internet, for someone who has never seen a Hitec radio.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:11 AM
paintballtommy

okay guys jsut for anyone who has the same problem. i fixed it. if you look inside the controller there are 2 little spots that melt together the trim tab and whatever the other thing is that measures movement of the stick. the thing is they melt these parts together and they had separated on my controller so when i moved the stick the measurement thing moved also and this allowed little to no movement. the solution. small drop of ca to hold the movement measurer and trim tab together. problem solved. i recomend putting paper towels jammed around the piece so as not to get ca on any of the parts.