RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   Post the good stuff! :D (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/1114070-post-good-stuff-d.html)

MikeMayberry 09-03-2003 08:24 PM

Post the good stuff! :D

As it is with this type of forum the posts tend to be from people that are having problems. I'd like to see some post from some of you that have had good luck with either Hitec in general or individual components.

I'll send out a free Hitec hat for the best "good" luck story!

Mike.

Jemo 09-04-2003 10:22 AM

I don't think this is a good luck story, but with all the Hitec servos, receivers I own, I have never experienced any problems at all.

I always try to use the proper servo for the proper job. The only time I ever stripped a gear is when it really should have stripped, you know like when the tree that it hit didn't have the decency to move.......... :p

Hitec is good stuff, keep up the good work.

MikeMayberry 09-04-2003 02:35 PM

Thanks jemo! :D

C'mon guys... How about a little support? :(

Mike.

*Crash*Johnson* 09-04-2003 03:22 PM

Sorry Mike, but luck is for people without skill. LOL just kidding...
Yall just keep making quality parts at an affordable price and I promise to keep buying them.
So far I got 3 flight packs and a Hitec Eclipse and never had an issue yet with anything. I haven't got enough flying in to have to rely on luck, I rely on Gravity sucking my plane into the ground :D

Umm...luckily they dont break???

Scott Smith 09-04-2003 11:11 PM

...all right, I'll give this a shot!

Decided to get into pattern this year. Scratch built a Patriot and went with my Eclipse 7 for guidance. I installed 5925's in the wing, 5945's on the elevator and rudder and a HS-81 on the throttle.

I entered my first contest a few weeks ago against six other Sportsman pilots (one of them being coached by the Lockhart's...no fair!) and I finished first!

I believe the high quality servos had everything to do with my success...trimmed the airplane back in April and haven't had to touch it since. I flew about a 100 flights this summer without a single problem.

Thanks Hitec!

Steve Guinn 09-05-2003 03:10 AM

I went to the field about a week after I had soloed.
There was one other person there, Dave, one of our senior members.

I took off ( with knees knocking) and flew around for awhile.
Dave approached and asked if I could see my airplane, as it was so far away.
I said yes, I can see it, but I am having a little trouble telling the attitude at times.
Dave then reached down and extended my fully collapsed transmitter antenna.

Gotta love those Super Slim receivers.
The tx was a Flash 5.

JohnBuckner 09-05-2003 05:31 AM

I,ll Try:

I,ve been heavily involved in Pylon Q500 (424, 428)
for about five years now and use only my Prisms because of the manual trims with trim rate feature and of course the Spectra module. But this is about the 555 Rx.

Early on my team mate and I both always ran antennas conventionaly out through the fuselage and let around thirteen inchs of antenna trail (These are small airframes) and of course it works fine. These airplanes are always launched four abreast by the caller at the drop of a flag. The caller does so usually on his knees and it is quite a forceful athletic shove. Well it seems at one race I was doing the launch and apparently my knee was on the antenna and I gave him a great launch and the heat went well and my partner won the heat. Only later did we discover 15 inches of the antenna still laying on the startline!

We actually did this to each other a number of times over a couple of years losing up to twenty inches of antenna and never an airplane to glitching. Finally enough is enough though (got tired of soldering wires back on) and from that point on have always ran the antenna forward to the firewall and loop right right on back to the tail along side carbon rods with none of that extra thirteen inchs exposed. You know I can,t think of a better litmus test for a Rx than that and this is in an airplane that spends it entire engine run time unloaded at around 21,000 rpm. Guess what those 555's just keep doing it. I love the fourteen of them that I reserve just for the pylon ships.

All can I say is:
'Steal my money, mess with my wife But stay the hell away from my 555's brother!

John :)

Rob Glover 09-05-2003 11:16 AM

Hitec support

Hitec support is great. A couple years ago I was having some intermittent problems with my gear. I wound up loading a box with a couple dozen ( yeah, I know that's too many, don't tell my wife) Hitec receivers that were up to 15 years old. Cleaned out the basement and sent them all in for tuning, checkout, and repair as necessary. They all came back in a couple weeks along with an invoice stating what had been done to them, and a bill for just a few bucks. I am pretty happy with the service department.

Now that Hitec has picked up Multiplex and is selling a high end transmitter I'm hoping to swap over to a Royal Evo soon. The features coupled with Hitec's legendary service shpould make it the ultimate. I hope that the synthesized modules ansd shift select appear soon.

happy trails - Rob Glover

CyberPilot 09-05-2003 01:38 PM

I Love my Eclipse 7!

What can I say? It works and works well! It is feature packed, versatile and the cost was surprisingly low.

I use the Eclipse for my Heli, glow plane, glider and soon for the park flyer I'm building.
I carry extra Rx crystals in case someone else is on my channel. I can easily change it out and dial in the new frequency. I'm flying while the other guy is waiting. :D

My friend, a total newbie, bought a used heli and was having problems getting it to work. I used my Eclipse to help troubleshoot the problem down to his transmitter. I was able to do this because my Eclipse has a Spectra module which allowed me to dial in his channel and because the Eclipse let me set the shift so I could talk to his non-Hitec receiver. These are 'high end' features only found on the competition's most expensive radios (do they even have shift select?) :p

After seeing the power of my Eclipse, a couple of flying buddies also bought one.

Way to Go Hitec!

CyberPilot

MikeMayberry 09-05-2003 03:18 PM

That's more like it! :D:D:D

Phily 09-10-2003 12:14 AM

RE: Post the good stuff! :D

$$$$$$$$$$
I saved tons using hitech, My Eclips runs everythig I fly! 3-D heli /Airplane

The best is that my local dealer told me that Hitech's warranty is so good, he said bring in any damaged servo that he sold me and he will give me a replacment right there, knowing that Hitech will warranty the old item. He won't do that for the other two top name brands.

The good luck story is Ive never had to return any servo,reciever or radio.:D
I was hesatant to post becouse I got no wood to knock on...just a minit...balsa airplane will have to do.

Later Willie

coloradoz 09-11-2003 07:16 PM

OK Mike, here's a good one - My Hitec is used to fly seaplanes. My Eclipse was accidentally dropped in the lake - I'm talking about taking on some water here. Took it home dried it out - powered it up and it works fine!!! Actually, I'd never seen the insides of an Eclipse before, but I was impressed at the absence of wires and stuff like that cluttering the insides - lots of surface mount components - first rate substrate on the boards and high quality internal components - I'm a believer.

...AJS

Panzlflyer 09-11-2003 08:11 PM

Ive got Hitec Digitals all round on a Kange Laser ZDZ 60 No Problems.
Got to like being able to Program them.
Giant Stinger with 605s and 645/625s been flown to death with a G62 for 3 years.

wyflyer 09-11-2003 08:40 PM

I have always flown Futaba radios. I was having range troubles with all three of my Futaba receivers. I decided to try a Hitec. My dad and I went to range check the new receiver. I walked about a quarter of a mile away, extended my tx antenna, and turned on my tx. The receiver worked fine. When I got back to where my dad was I noticed that he had not extended the antenna. The Hitec teceiver worked better with the antenna totally wound up like it comes out of the box than the Futaba did with the whole antenna spread out like it is supposed to be! If you guys keep making such good products at such good prices you will have my business.

I also have a friend who had a Hitec charger. One day it quit working. He sent it to Hitec without an invoice or anything and they sent him a brand new one for free. That is good service!!

Ryan

SDR-Hammer 09-14-2003 10:05 AM

In this sport good luck = the absence of bad luck.

To tell you the good luck I’ve had with Hitec equipment I would have to re-tell every flying secession over the past few years.

Hitec equipment does what it is supposed to do, controls my planes, end of story!

MikeMayberry 09-17-2003 05:22 PM

Now we're talkin'!

Oregon Craig 09-18-2003 09:49 AM

A very simple feature sold me on the Flash-5 when I was shopping and comparing radios in that class: Timer!

shadowspring 09-18-2003 12:24 PM

I have a few hitec servos and recievers and they all work flawlessly so far.
The hs-5475 is a beast of a servo for only $35. Centers very well, has good speed and torqe, and is awesome when it comes to holding power. Can't wait to get some more. Just got an eclipse 7 with spectra and am very happy with it so far.

The LHS and old timers out there don't know what the hell they are talking about when they bash Hitec because they are cheaper. Cheaper is supposed to be a good thing!!!!

jbfoster 11-01-2003 01:00 PM

Who got the hat ?

rightflyer 11-01-2003 04:07 PM

I only buy Hitec receivers and have had excellent success with them! I recommend them often. Overall, I have also had excellent success with Hitec servos as well.

Checklst 11-01-2003 06:11 PM

I was having glitching problems with my hitec 7 ch Plat AM (futaba 7ch Gold TX)recivers, sent all three into hitec for repair and ALL THREE WERE REPAIRED FOR FREE I use nothing but hitec servos and recivers in all 13 airplanes. Service has always been the best!!!!!!!!

bn120 11-02-2003 12:01 AM

I like steveguinns story the best.

Darin