Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

K 4.6 mid range needle setting ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 11:48 PM
basketballfan60123
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K 4.6 mid range needle setting ?

Well my mid range needle fell out of my K 4.6 last week while I was tuning it and I lost the needle; so I took the engine completely apart and cleaned it and to be honest the piston and sleeve still have quite of pinch left so I figured it should be okay after cleaning it out and I will use up whatever life it has left before I get a replacement.
I think the reason the mid range needle fell out is because I messed with settings last year thinking it was the LSN; this was during a time when I knew absolutely nothing about nitro rc but ever since I messed with the settings the needle (screw) always felt loose after that I mean I never over tightened it or anything.
Well I got a replacement mid range needle and hopefully this needle will screw in and not feel loose like the other one;I was thinking if it does feel loose maybe I could put some of that red high temperature sealant over the needle to keep it from falling out after I set it correctly .
My questions is does anyone know the pretty much exact settings of this needle like how many turns out from the fully closed position; I called HPI and they told me that I should set it flush but a bunch of people (LHS) have told me that once that needle is messed with it's pretty hard to set it correctly and it will probably end up having tuning issues.
Can someone help me out?
Old 09-20-2010, 05:52 AM
ham5

Default RE: K 4.6 mid range needle setting ?

yes flush... the line should be going up and down (12 oclock to 6 oclock) run your finger over it and it should be flush. I've lost mine before to while running, the oring just wears and it get lose vibrating out... sucks but... you should be good to go.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:34 PM
wolfie1

Default RE: K 4.6 mid range needle setting ?

carefully put loctite on the threads then leave it a few hours before starting that will fix it well it did with my k5.9