Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage wont start

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 04:51 AM
Fcb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage wont start

Hey People, I have a savage with a twin truckzilla kit (2xLRP 28 Spec 2) that i got about 3 years ago and its been sitting around collecting dust in my shed.

I tried getting it to start and put my finger under the pipe to see if i could get a bit of fuel in there, Anyways, I took out the spark plug whilst doing this and noticed no fuel came out of the engine (where the spark plug sits)

I dont know where to go from this, I have a break in school so i thought i might get it out for a bit of a run,

Can anyone give me a hand? Is there supposed to be fuel droplets coming out of the place where the glow plug sits? From what i remember there was supposed to be.

Can anyone give me any reasons as to why it isnt running. Maybe i have left it sitting for too long?!?!

Everything seems to work fine other then not starting. And can anyone give me the factory setting for LRP engines. Like how many turns anticlockwise after we have turned it clockwise as far as it will go without breaking it?

Thanks In advance.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:14 AM
madmax93

Default RE: Savage wont start

Instead of covering the pipe, you can take the tube off the exhust
and blow into it to put fuel in the carb. Hope this helps.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:03 AM
tradami

Are your glow plugs good?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:50 AM
Fcb

ORIGINAL: madmax93

Instead of covering the pipe, you can take the tube off the exhust
and blow into it to put fuel in the carb. Hope this helps.
Have already tried that, But thanks alot. If i cant see fuel coming out of the engine if i remove the glow plugs, does that mean my engine is f**ked?

Old 09-22-2010, 07:51 AM
Fcb

ORIGINAL: tradami

Are your glow plugs good?
Glow plugs are fine, The problem is that i cant see any fuel getting to the glow plug

I can see the pistons going up and down when you remove the glow plug ( i think its the pistons) and still no good =(

Old 09-22-2010, 08:44 AM
ERK419

I'm kinda in the same boat as you my savage x has been sitting for a couple years and I'm just getting back in the hobby. Mine will start I'm just having another issues I'm trying to get fixed. One thing I did was I tore down my engine and checked everything out cleaned everything up and put it back together. That might be something you might want to do its easy free and at least you will know there's nothing wrong on the inside of the engines.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:51 AM
brio

• Mid range: 3,75 turns

• Main: 3,75 turns

Old 09-22-2010, 10:57 AM
brio

Maybe your carb is gummed up. Does the barrel on the carb slide in and out? Also, here's the factory settings for the carb:

HSN = 3.75 turns
LSN = 3.75 turns

Old 09-22-2010, 12:29 PM
BudBud

^^x2^^

What happens is the fuel evaporates and leaves the oil, which solidifies and plugs the orfices. In most cases you can back out the needles a full turn and just blow through them using your lips and a section of fuel line. In really solid cases, you may need to soak the parts in nitro fuel or tear the carburetor down and just boil the parts in hot water. I like to clean them out on the engine with mouth air or through the fuel tank with mouth air as it saves from tearing down the carb and potentially tearing some orings. The larger engines, like the Thunder Tiger .70 have a piston ring and it will get stuck in the groove. That is a tear down, soak and gently pry on the ring deal, normally requiring a new piston ring. Thankfully, that is not an issue with the LRP 28s. Glen