Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage at the beach

Old 12-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Nesal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage at the beach

Hi guys.
Ive been away from my savage for about 3 months since I moved to another country but will be visiting home for the holidays and want to bring my Savage back with me. I definitely want to run it the beach here and want some pointers... Im very familiar with the regular maintenance of clean it down and grease the bearing after it being in contact with sand and clean air filter. Anything else? I want to run some Proline 40 series Trencher tires, thoughts? I dont want to invest in expensive sand paddles for only a couple outings to the beach, the rest of its use will be general bashing at local parks and at the track.
Thanks!
Old 12-14-2010, 02:46 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Savage at the beach

should be good perhaps look around for boots to go over dogbones...or just keep an eye on them... and sand gets everywhere... be warned... but trechers should be fine tire wise...

the lug
Old 12-14-2010, 04:14 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is nothing more fun then running a Savage in the sand..
Old 12-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Nesal

Cooool!!! Thanks!