Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage x

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 09:35 PM
SLAYERDUDE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: savage x

I wouldn't break in an engine in the cold if I had to.
But if "I" did it, damn skippy I would!
It's all about your tuning knowledge...
Newb =no
Pretty much if you think you can tune, and your skillz are up to it then hell yes!
Old 01-10-2011, 03:25 PM
buttdud1122

ORIGINAL: AlienModified

Then you should find the other guy, and ask him all the advice he been given about not breaking in his new Savage in the winter. He doesn't listen either. That make two new Savages in your area that will need new engines come spring.
yeah im "that other guy" and no im not breaking it in! im waiting untill the snow melts! but the way i see it is that people who have actually done it never had a problem, but people who havent swear up and down its the last thing the engine will do, so, it would be awesome if people would speak from experience!
Old 01-10-2011, 03:44 PM
buttdud1122

AND i have put five gallons through my mgt 3.0.  the only reason why im dumping that little truck, is because ae is slowly discontinuing, so the savage is my replacement for it.  but the thing that gets me, is my mgt always ran better in the cold, with around the same temps. i always wrapped the head with a sock, but after some messed up backflips off a snowbank into deep snow, the sock deffinately gets a little wet... now, five gallons later, maybe a gallon of it in the winter (i broke it in in the summer, but it was a fairly crappy break in cause it was my first rc), it runs strong.  i just wanted something a little bigger, faster, and with the assurance i can get some parts if and when something breaks. btw, i always ran richer in the winter.  my buggy, (xtm xt2) however, doesnt run so good in the cold, so i let that one sit.  the xtm 247 is a very cool running motor in the first place, so the engine temps on it drive like crazy.  i think it depends on what kind of motor it is, the 3.0 was a very hot motor, and the 247 is a very cool motor
Old 01-10-2011, 04:49 PM
steed2-inactive

ya one of my savage x's have a new axial 32 rr1 in it and that is one cool running motor, even in the summer it wouldnt break 170 idling on the break in settings, but as per glen's advice is leaned her out a bit and got it up to temp, i imagine that would be a pretty tough motor to run in the winter. at least to keep at temp