Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Losi Spin Start

Old 02-12-2011, 05:39 AM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi Spin Start

I'm putting a 454 in my 2nd Savage, and Ineed to know if the Losi Spin start shaft is long enough to clear what is needed to clear in the savage to reach the backplate? Has anyone else run this mill in their savage? Igot the p/s, s/s combo backplate....but since my other savy is pullstart, Id like to use the spin start on this mill. Are there longer versions from losi of their shafts...maybe for their Muggy? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:39 AM
SMOKEFAN

Default RE: Losi Spin Start

You'll be fine no problem using the SS to get it going on the savage
Old 02-12-2011, 06:23 PM
-SomeGuy-

Not 100% sure but doesnt the SS spin in the wrong direction for the HPI roto? Thats assuming your using the HPI roto plate.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:23 PM
SMOKEFAN

He will want to use a drill and use either the AE or losi Bit for the losi engine. Associated and Losi use the same HEX, but there will be no issue fitting it in the savage.

Im assuming he's using the 454 with the dual start? If this is the case he will need the above posted starter bit. 6 bux from Tower and plenty long enough.

Let me know if you need the part number

Old 02-13-2011, 06:06 AM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

This is correct. Ihave the dual start and will probably use my drill to run it. I was damn close to purchasing the HPIrotostart until Icasually took a look at the 454 shaft hole....and thought to myself,....that doesnt look like a dogbone fit Thanks for the help guys.....I went ahead and mounted the engine and it doesnt seem to be as far as Iwas thinking for the shaft to reach, as you all have said.

ORIGINAL: SMOKEFAN

He will want to use a drill and use either the AE or losi Bit for the losi engine. Associated and Losi use the same HEX, but there will be no issue fitting it in the savage.

Im assuming he's using the 454 with the dual start? If this is the case he will need the above posted starter bit. 6 bux from Tower and plenty long enough.

Let me know if you need the part number

Old 02-13-2011, 08:03 AM
SMOKEFAN

Good deal, let us know how the 454 does in the savage