Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage 4.6 rtr w/3speed tranny

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 06:54 PM
mjg3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage 4.6 rtr w/3speed tranny

Dad has a savage 4.6 and he stepped up to a 3 speed tranny as an up grade. Keeping the stock CB gear and Spur gear we cant get it to shift twice. Nice and easy into the throttle or just gun it!! it only shifts once. we have adjusted it both clockwise and counterclockwise with no 2nd shift any help would be greatly appericated! thanks mike
Old 02-25-2011, 07:52 PM
steed2-inactive

Default RE: savage 4.6 rtr w/3speed tranny

take the settings back to factory (look under the savage xl manual on hpi's website) then tighten the 1-2 shift up 1 turn. did you assemble it properly? might not hurt to go over your work-scott good luck once you get them set-up they are awesome!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:07 PM
mjg3

no it was purchased from tower as a complete drop in replacement for the 2 speed
Old 02-26-2011, 04:42 AM
jbooker82
My Feedback: (4)

Get familar with taking the gear set out to adjust the 1-2 shift. I messed and messed with my 3 speed. I finally took it out. I got tired of having to take the gears clear out to adjust the transmission every time I wanted to switch clutch bells. Most of the time my savage would shift from 1 to 3 and skip 2nd.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:32 AM
cswtornado

Get the high speed third gear set/
Old 03-02-2011, 09:28 AM
BudBud

The 1-2 shift is hard to get right. If it was set up for the XL, it is probably shifting way early. If I was guessing, you are getting the 1-2 shift right off idle. I have set them so tight they would not shift out of low gear, it does not take very long to figure that one out. Properly set up they are cool, I just never could keep one that way. I messed with them a lot and finally resigned myself to a two speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJqAPcx2qtc

Glen