Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

SAVAGE FLUX UPRIGHTS? Aluminum? Purple really?

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

SAVAGE FLUX UPRIGHTS? Aluminum? Purple really?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 01:28 AM
moezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SAVAGE FLUX UPRIGHTS? Aluminum? Purple really?

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Remember that if you replace that part with aluminum you could possibly cause another part to fail and break. I have broke a dozen of the stock ones and they are easy to fix plus they are interchangeable.
thats why u get RPM a arms to take the fall
Old 03-05-2011, 08:04 AM
sparky 25

Exactly, my rear set turned up today in the post,

cant wait for my other 2 packets to turn up so i can go get some jumps in..
Old 03-05-2011, 04:01 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just went ahead and bought the HPI suspension conversion set. It was a bit more but I think it'll pay off and be much stronger, plus I'd like a little better handling for just a little more $. To bad it's purple but thats ok I guess...lol
Old 03-05-2011, 05:16 PM
sharkattack99

can always use the stuff they call greased lighting to remove the purple. if it doesn't take you to the pic of it, it should be there somewere, lol.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_99..._3/key_/tm.htm
Old 03-05-2011, 06:20 PM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: sharkattack99

can always use the stuff they call greased lighting to remove the purple. if it doesn't take you to the pic of it, it should be there somewere, lol.

Hey thanks. I am going to decide what to do when they get here. I might put them on to see how it looks. If I dislike it I'm definately going the Greased Lighting route to make them silver (this is what I will most likely do), Thank you again for that, I had no idea about that stuff.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:19 PM
sharkattack99

ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: sharkattack99

Hey thanks. I am going to decide what to do when they get here. I might put them on to see how it looks. If I dislike it I'm definately going the Greased Lighting route to make them silver (this is what I will most likely do), Thank you again for that, I had no idea about that stuff.
Hey no problem glad I could help.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:02 PM
llkoolskillet

As someone who has ran the integy rear hubs and front hubs i can say this. the rear hub itself will hold up HOWEVER... the mounting pin that connects them to the A-arm will bend very very very easily. Im sure i bash my truck just as hard as anyone here and im telling you the pin is garbage. As for the front, remember this... your transfering the energy from the wheel to the hub which is harder than the plastic. Which do you think will break first? The Integy A-arm setup is crap! I had to put the stock stuff back on cause I bent all the alluminum parts. I will say this on the rear hubs, use the metal hub from the front because the little arm that sticks off to connect to the control arm breaks with hard landings ie: why i use the metal ones. I have heard nothing but GREAT reviews about the HPI suspension conversion. Try that, but at $150 is it worht it? $20 for alluminum steering hubs is cheaper and a better way to go in my opinion.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:03 PM
llkoolskillet

Guess you already bought it haha
Old 03-06-2011, 03:19 PM
jbooker82
My Feedback: (4)

It all depends on what your budget is. The kit goes nicely with a pair of 100 dollar servos, and a 2.4 ghz radio. If your running the stock radio equipment then the suspension conversion is probably not for you.

It does so much more than just replacing the plastic steering knuckles with aluminum ones.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:00 AM
JUCD VPR

I have the 2.4 ghz radio in it as well. I paid 130 from TCS crawler store which was the best price and their shipping in lightening fast! I'm pretty stoked, it should be awesome on the Flux. I'm really looking forward to the conversion.

QUESTION:
Considering the HPI suspension conversion set eliminates TWO front shocks then will just spacers support the weight of the front or will I need to upgrade from the stock big bore shocks?
Old 03-07-2011, 12:21 PM
llkoolskillet

I run Flux Big Bores on my XL and love them! Handles just as well as 2 shocks
Old 03-07-2011, 12:52 PM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: llkoolskillet

I run Flux Big Bores on my XL and love them! Handles just as well as 2 shocks
So do you just run an extra spacer to account for the weight, considering you lose one shock on each side?? I was just wondering how well it absorbs huge jumps with only one shock?
Old 03-07-2011, 02:57 PM
jbooker82
My Feedback: (4)

I run flux big bore shocks on my savage. Just one on each wheel.

The suspension conversion has instructions on how to set the single standard shocks up correctly too. I just wanted the same number of shocks all the way around so i upraded to the plastic bb shocks.

To run the factory sing shocks with the suspension conversion you add some extra spacers and run a 40-50 weight shock oil. I cant remeber what exactly HPI's inststructions recomends.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:43 PM
llkoolskillet

I run 40wt in them and i beileve i only have one spacer, the 1/8th inch spacer. I have jumped my XL 20+ft in the air and landed on all fours, on one side, the front, the rear, the top, you name it i landed it that way haha. I have had the BB on there for over a year now and they have never bent, broke or anything. still feel like there brand new. Even running heavy tires like the goliaths it still handles very well. Great investment if you ask me.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:14 PM
sharkattack99

im running 50wt in mine and 4 spacers as well the yellow hellfire springs and works great.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:12 AM
JUCD VPR

Aren't the stock Flux shocks Big Bore? I've already broken 4 of them. Anyway as of right now after looking at my Flux, I currently only run 1 shock on each corner. Don;t know why I thought I ran 2 on each side? Durrr??? Anyway thanks for the info.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:58 AM
JUCD VPR

I went ahead and bought the black RPM A Arms to strengthen it even more even though i've yet to break an A arm. Just figured why I have it apart I might as well install some RPM A arms too. Bought everything from TCS crawler store. Great prices!