Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

another dog gone rollcage question.

i did a few searches and couldnt find the answer to my question.

i plan on installing a roll cage from this supplier for my first mod on my xl.

http://ma1n5t.blogspot.com/2009/01/creator.html

i got two questions. how good are they at shipping in a timely matter? i dont want to have to wait six months for it to come in the mail.

also they have two roll cages for the xl. one that covers the rear shock tower and one that doesnt.

i like the one that covers the rear shock tower but i dont want to have to pull the cage off to work on anything back there.

does anybody know anything about these roll bars?

also i could care less if the truck has a body on it or not. i like the road warrior buggy look.

one more thing it seams as though it would be easier to work on the truck with the roll cage than with the body while running. is this the case?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: another dog gone rollcage question.

I had one, sold it. Worked ok. But he's almost doubled the prices.

ORIGINAL: dragonbat13

i did a few searches and couldnt find the answer to my question.

i plan on installing a roll cage from this supplier for my first mod on my xl.

http://ma1n5t.blogspot.com/2009/01/creator.html

i got two questions. how good are they at shipping in a timely matter? i dont want to have to wait six months for it to come in the mail.

also they have two roll cages for the xl. one that covers the rear shock tower and one that doesnt.

i like the one that covers the rear shock tower but i dont want to have to pull the cage off to work on anything back there.

does anybody know anything about these roll bars?

also i could care less if the truck has a body on it or not. i like the road warrior buggy look.

one more thing it seams as though it would be easier to work on the truck with the roll cage than with the body while running. is this the case?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If they really use the photo to sell product as haveing better access then you deffinatly have problems. Three well placed holes will allow you to adjust the Idle speed screw, LSN, and HSN.

Do you really use a funnle to fill the tank?

A body will keep more dirt, mud and rocks out.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jbooker82

A body will keep more dirt, mud and rocks out.

very good point. may have just killed my plans with the rollcage. i would like to protect the engine . but if all i am protecting from is scratches on the head i dont really care about that.

i dont plan on running on asphalt too much. i will do it but i will go find some good bashing grounds first.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've seen those roll cages around on eBay and other forums and wondered why anyone would pay that much for them. Most people could make one themselves with nylon rods and wood screws. But why? It looks awful. Do yourself a favor and get a 0.060" lexan body. If you screw it up that bad then maybe more driving lessons

Matt
    HPI BAJA 5B
    HPI SAVAGE X SS
    HPI E-SAVAGE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah, i'd stay away. But a normal fuel bottle could get in the place of that funnel. Maybe he only uses funnels and gallon jugs?

I can't deny the coolness of that push bar though, I kind of want one. Would be perfect with my Wrangler body

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have one of those and I believe it has saved me numerous times on hard upside down landings and 50 foot cartwheels. When you want to get your truck apart you can just pull the rods out of the sockets. I got it about two weeks after ordering. Not too bad from australia i think. You could build your own, but ma1n8s7t,,,roll cages are really well thought out. hes already made the mistakes i would make if i tried to make one. I dont think dirt is a problem on a savage, and airflow to the cooling head is good.