Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Ported Axial .28

Old 05-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Sparco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ported Axial .28

hello all, well ive been away from rc for several years but have just gotten back into it. first thing i did was port my Axial .28, also first ever porting job. let me know what you guys think! constrictive criticism

also, probably going to polish some more

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16991.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	1609049   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68425.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1609050   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41896.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	1609051  
Old 05-15-2011, 02:55 PM
dragonbat13

Default RE: Ported Axial .28

Here is what I would do at your step. Now granted I have NO IDEA what I am talking about with nitro engines but I have done some porting on 1:1 engines.

1 Clean as much as you can off the combustion chamber and run the engine the way you would if you were racing, bashing, whatever. Dont polish it yet just stop and try it out.
2 After maybe half a tank tear the engine back down and look at the combustion chamber and see if the engine is burning evenly and post pics. Believer me somebody is gonna chime in on that!!!!!
3 Use what you see to decide where you may need to polish or port or whatever.

You may not necessarly want to polish around where fuel and air is mixed, the rough surface allows for better suspension of fuel in the air. if you polish where fuel is entering the engine before it is burned you may have some fuel pool up on the polished surface.

The only reason at all that i suggested all this is because you can always remove material but its alot harder to replace it.

And if what you did so far happens to be a drag whats the sense of working on it some more??
Old 05-15-2011, 06:19 PM
SLAYERDUDE

Default RE: Ported Axial .28

I'm no modder but your angles are way off from the pics one side to the other, and the left port in the one pic looks like it's pointing towards the ex port.
You want things flowing towards the top corner opposite of the exh port just below the head if I'm thinking right, Schnuerle effect..
Blows the spent charge towards the ex port with the incoming charge from the crankcase.

Your work looks nice, just looks like some wrong angles from the pics.