Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage flux vs. 2350

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 02:29 PM
dperry285
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage flux vs. 2350

Other then the radio on the flux being 2.4 gig, what is the differace between these two trucks
Old 06-02-2011, 02:31 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: savage flux vs. 2350

turns the motor has, and how many celled lipos they can take
If I remember right the 2350 is 4S max, where as the normal flux is 6S

IMO after owning flux 4S is more than enough
Old 06-02-2011, 02:32 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you go to the HPI website and you can find out?

But I will save you the hassle..

The motor and esc in the Flux is a Mamba Monster Max setup. It can handle up to 6s.

The motor and esc in the 2350 is a Mamba Max Pro setup. It can handle up to 4s.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:52 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Information for the Savage 2350
http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/104493/

Information for the Savage Flux
http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/104240/
Old 06-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Freezetron

The motor in the 2350 also has cheaper magnets to lower cost and doesn't have built in heatsink fins, so it tends to overheat more often.

Further info here

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27745
Old 06-02-2011, 04:39 PM
SofaKingWeToddEdd
Banned

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

The motor in the 2350 also has cheaper magnets to lower cost and doesn't have built in heatsink fins, so it tends to overheat more often.

Further info here

So where have you heard that it overheats? Or did you just pull that one out of your azz? Please post up your sources before you make claims like that please. The thread you linked to never said any such thing.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:01 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Further info here

rc-monster forum links don't prove anything, they chased anyone that had any semblance of sanity, or knowledge on subjects away ages ago to cater to people who believe anything a PR person types in it from a company.
Or that is how it seems from every post someone links to on that forum over here to "prove" something.

I won't argue it probably heats up a tad more, as my experience the 2200 ran pretty warm (way to warm for my taste), but I'm sure if there were tons of issues with it HPI would have pulled em so they wouldn't have to warranty them.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Cossey

I have a 2350 and I should've researched more and got the HP. The option for 6S LiPo is worth it, along with the 2.4 radio.

I have never had any overheating issues, and I was running in semi-tall grass and wailing on it.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:17 PM
SofaKingWeToddEdd
Banned

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Further info here

rc-monster forum links don't prove anything, they chased anyone that had any semblance of sanity, or knowledge on subjects away ages ago to cater to people who believe anything a PR person types in it from a company.
Or that is how it seems from every post someone links to on that forum over here to "prove" something.

I won't argue it probably heats up a tad more, as my experience the 2200 ran pretty warm (way to warm for my taste), but I'm sure if there were tons of issues with it HPI would have pulled em so they wouldn't have to warranty them.
After being a longtime lurker over at rcm and over here, I can say the people over at rcm are much more knowledgable than the people over here. And the guy from castle has never come accross as someone who is just a "salesman". Correct me if i am wrong but he is the owner of the company and from what i have seen he very un-biased and truthfull in his statements.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:34 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: SofaKingWeToddEdd

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Further info here

Or that is how it seems from every post someone links to on that forum over here to ''prove'' something.

After being a longtime lurker over at rcm and over here, I can say the people over at rcm are much more knowledgable than the people over here. And the guy from castle has never come accross as someone who is just a ''salesman''. Correct me if i am wrong but he is the owner of the company and from what i have seen he very un-biased and truthfull in his statements.
Dunno I've seen people present logical arguments and get chased out on a few posts ppl put here using the stuff CC's ppl said as evidence the person was wrong (their only evidence btw).
And trust me the one I'm thinking of (one of the ripple current arguments) knew what he was talking about but the long time know it all members there would hear none of it.
Kinda reminds me how MA's guy in charge came here babbling on how his batteries are superior to everyone elses, and they test it to prove it, BUT wouldn't post up any data from the tests. He also went on to say C-rating was BS on lipos how there was no standard to derive it, but 2 months later we seen 150C TRUE RATING from max-amps. So just cause the guy who runs it says something doesn't make it true

BTW lets not start up another ripple current, and how it will cause the end of the world argument here
Old 06-02-2011, 05:50 PM
SofaKingWeToddEdd
Banned

well there is a huge difference between castle and maxamps. Maxamps are nothing but liars. I would like to read the ripple current thread if you could link to it.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:54 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

well there is a huge difference between castle and maxamps. Maxamps are nothing but liars. I would like to read the ripple current thread if you could link to it.
It's was probably over a year or so ago, so can't link. I just remember how stupid the arguments were, and how the only logical argument was deemed stupid.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:08 PM
SofaKingWeToddEdd
Banned

I think i remember that one, i just wanted to make sure.  And for whats its worth the guy from Castle is the only person i would listen to as far as factory reps go. After all he is the owner of the company. And the guy that you think had the logical argument was most likely wrong (assuming the owner of castle, the mods on RCM, and the various people there with electrical degrees were right).  Im not going to bat for them or anything, but its pretty much a "majority rules" situation. And the other guy ran away with his tail between his legs kinda shows he figured out he was wrong.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:13 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

I think i remember that one, i just wanted to make sure. And for whats its worth the guy from Castle is the only person i would listen to as far as factory reps go. After all he is the owner of the company. And the guy that you think had the logical argument was most likely wrong (assuming the owner of castle, the mods on RCM, and the various people there with electrical degrees were right). Im not going to bat for them or anything, but its pretty much a ''majority rules'' situation. And the other guy ran away with his tail between his legs kinda shows he figured out he was wrong.
Actually he said had one(from what I remember), and the reason I believe he did was I found his argument to be quite logical cause I got one too. I've spent quite a few weeks in classes going over ripple voltages, and currents in driver circuits
Old 06-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Freezetron

Further info here

So where have you heard that it overheats? Or did you just pull that one out of your azz? Please post up your sources before you make claims like that please. The thread you linked to never said any such thing.

Woo hoo, well allright then Mr Know it all 7 posts, knock yourself out
Old 06-02-2011, 08:11 PM
CR500rider

Further info here

the number of posts someone has is not an in dication of what someone knows. And it is very obvious by your post count smartypants!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:14 PM
CR500rider

But i have to agree with what todd or edd or whatever his name is said. RCM is a pretty good forum!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:18 PM
CR500rider

HAHAHAHA! I get it now! His name is So F**king Retarded! Took me a while, i had to sound it out lol
Old 06-02-2011, 10:56 PM
gapjr
My Feedback: (26)

Back on topic. I bought the 2350 and put a $20 2.4ghz Flysky radio in it and have never looked back. I got the 2350 because I had 2s lipos already and most guys seemed to think running it on 2x3s was overkill anyway. The Mamba pro that's in the 2350 is rated for 6s when run in lighter 1/10 vehicles so I tried running mine on 5s and it did fine. The esc didn't overheat and the motor seemed okay to the finger test but I didn't put a temp gun to it. I'm sure under some circumstances the HP is better but for me, I'm totally happy with the 2350. And yes...... it does standing backflips just like the HP version....lol. Everyone asks that for some reason.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:31 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: CR500rider

Further info here

the number of posts someone has is not an in dication of what someone knows. And it is very obvious by your post count smartypants!
x2,000,000

wait...
Old 06-03-2011, 06:49 AM
Croozer

FYI: They are both called Savage Flux, the difference is the HP or 2350 version.