Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

So it has to be a flux...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default So it has to be a flux...

...this is how it happens... The hunger of youth is lost. I said never electric, I had fuel in my veins, and I haven't had an electric car since my tamiya manta ray.

The trouble is...the Flux probably is the most rewarding RC on the market to own at the moment bar none (my opinion). It is finally, an out of the box, no compromise, shove in as much power as your pathetic ability can handle, nuts to the struts, all out MADMAN.

So naturally I have to get one. Half hour runtimes and power that makes the nitro boys wonder why they turned up at all. I just don't see the disadvantage any more, and I expect this is my turning point to the dark side, electric.

I ordered the batteries and a charger yesterday, a bunch of 5000mAh 35C 2S's to start with and one of amain's protech dual 10A chargers. I'll get the truck when the batteries arrive. Expect some video at some point. As for 3S, we'll see.

I wonder what will become of all my gassers now that I'm too old and tired to mess around with fuel and tuning engines...
Old 06-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Ron E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So it has to be a flux...

foxy... join the club... i have 2 redcat rampages and a mcd evo3 5th scale gassers. once i discovered brushless my gassers sit on display. 2 brushless emaxx's, a mmp 5700 blitz and a redcat caldera 1oe later and i'm addicted to brushless. it's just so fast, fun, efficient and easy, yes EASY. now i just added a redcat rampage xb-e 5th scale brushless buggy and WOW, it's awesome... best of both worlds, i love large scale and brushless... now i have both. glad you discovered brushless, it's just another world of great rc'ing. i think i'll add a savage flux or 2350 next, just to run anywhere, anytime... it looks like a great truck.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:21 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

i got myself a flux 2350 and it's like nothing else, 4s is PLENTY... there's a reason my X ss is up for sale right now, the preformance is like nothing else...

the lug
Old 06-13-2011, 04:02 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

...this is how it happens... The hunger of youth is lost. I said never electric, I had fuel in my veins, and I haven't had an electric car since my tamiya manta ray.

The trouble is...the Flux probably is the most rewarding RC on the market to own at the moment bar none (my opinion). It is finally, an out of the box, no compromise, shove in as much power as your pathetic ability can handle, nuts to the struts, all out MADMAN.

So naturally I have to get one. Half hour runtimes and power that makes the nitro boys wonder why they turned up at all. I just don't see the disadvantage any more, and I expect this is my turning point to the dark side, electric.

I ordered the batteries and a charger yesterday, a bunch of 5000mAh 35C 2S's to start with and one of amain's protech dual 10A chargers. I'll get the truck when the batteries arrive. Expect some video at some point. As for 3S, we'll see.

I wonder what will become of all my gassers now that I'm too old and tired to mess around with fuel and tuning engines...
funny thing is you lock threads that the OP types things in usually [X(]
Trying to start a flame war eh?

Could always get http://www.tcscrawlers.com/TCS-Flux-...t-p-17912.html and have a 1/5th scale BL savage
Old 06-13-2011, 10:56 PM
Foxy

Whose threads do I lock? lol

If I do, they deserve it [>:]

Which brings me to another point... I'll be hanging around in this forum more than ever. Mwuhahahahaha.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:11 AM
xerxes

my flux hp has proved 2 b rathr agravating
Old 06-14-2011, 01:15 AM
Foxy

How so?
Old 06-14-2011, 01:43 AM
etivac13

my savage ss spends most of the time on the shelf when i got the flux....
Old 06-14-2011, 04:59 AM
JesseJames

I got my Flux HP 2 weeks ago. I absolutely love it. Just plug in and go. With over 10 years of nitro experience, I enjoy not messing with tuning and the mess of fuel residue. I was set on buying the 2350, but my local hobby shop had the HP on sale for $70 more then the 2350.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:06 AM
smitty2919

I first got into RC's about a month ago and got the Stampede 4x4 VXL, then picked up a Savage 25 and the pede barely saw runtime since I would rather tinker with the motor aspect. I used the Pede a week ago and it seemed like a little kids toy....the smaller truck with hearing how quiet it was seemed strange LOL

But then again I have not tried a true 10th scale electric monster truck like the Flux so I can't REALLY have an opinion. But just the noise, mess and smoke is what appeals to me. Even realizing that the flux will flat out kill the savage nitro lol

Then again I haven't  had years and years of nitro experiance so I haven't got "sick" of it lol
Old 06-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Foxy

Good for you dude Stick with the fuel cars, there's nothing like the noise and smell if you have time and patience for it.

Personally I've been in the hobby over 25 years, lately I had been running with the real brutes, I have a bunch of 1/5th scale gas cars with 23cc plus petrol engines. See the car in my Avatar 5 feet in the air?
Old 06-14-2011, 09:44 PM
xerxes

How so?
iv gone thru all da problems 1 at a time. wen i fix 1 thing, anothr issue is found.
iv lost cntrl arm shafts in cartweels, wheel nuts flyn off, strippd plastic wheel hexes, batt boxs opening, basicly evry documentd problm. xcept all was discovrd on my own. evry fix was dun wit no forum 2 help out. wish i knew about evrythng b4 hand. it wood hav bin alot easyr on me.

battery boxs proved 2 b da most agravating, since none of my 3s batts fit. so agravating, dat i actually built my own adjustable batt boxs.

wel aftr goin thru all da bs, my blur jus went up in smoke. 1st time i tryd usin dual 3s & it was actually on fire 30min in2 its 1st run on 6s. doesnt look lyk hpi is guna help me out sinse i cant find my recipt frum christmas 2010.

so since i gota foot da billl 4 a mamba monster esc, im contemplating on ditching da hp all 2gether. maybe sell my custom batt boxs sepratly since der absolutely awesome
Old 06-14-2011, 10:00 PM
guys2nv

ORIGINAL: xerxes

How so?
iv gone thru all da problems 1 at a time. wen i fix 1 thing, anothr issue is found.
iv lost cntrl arm shafts in cartweels, wheel nuts flyn off, strippd plastic wheel hexes, batt boxs opening, basicly evry documentd problm. xcept all was discovrd on my own. evry fix was dun wit no forum 2 help out. wish i knew about evrythng b4 hand. it wood hav bin alot easyr on me.

battery boxs proved 2 b da most agravating, since none of my 3s batts fit. so agravating, dat i actually built my own adjustable batt boxs.

wel aftr goin thru all da bs, my blur jus went up in smoke. 1st time i tryd usin dual 3s & it was actually on fire 30min in2 its 1st run on 6s. doesnt look lyk hpi is guna help me out sinse i cant find my recipt frum christmas 2010.

so since i gota foot da billl 4 a mamba monster esc, im contemplating on ditching da hp all 2gether. maybe sell my custom batt boxs sepratly since der absolutely awesome
Sorry your having problems with your flux man. But I'm begging you please fix the grammer-I had to spend like 10 min reading it just to understand what you were trying to say.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Freezetron

How so?

Holy hell, im not gonna even attempt to translate/read that rejection of basic english
Old 06-14-2011, 10:30 PM
xerxes

ORIGINAL: guys2nv

How so?

Sorry your having problems with your flux man. But I'm begging you please fix the grammer-I had to spend like 10 min reading it just to understand what you were trying to say.

il maik it worf ur while

Old 06-14-2011, 10:41 PM
xerxes

i can flip flop btween 2s & 3s wit no adjustment foam blocks. jus diffrent holes inda posts

2s

3s

2s onda left, 3s onda rite

dees stupid bat boxes aktually broke a few of my new lipos lyk dis

looks mean frum da side

bak wen it still workd/ didnt smell lyk molten pc board
Old 06-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Foxy

I see. Well it does sound like you've either been a bit more careless than most or at least a lot more unlucky. Custom batt boxes look pretty cool tho, good job. I'm pretty easy on my RCs, so I figure I'll be ok. I'll do the known upgrades as they break (drive gear, hardened pinion, dogbones, etc).
Old 06-14-2011, 11:01 PM
xerxes

coo.

all my lipos r top exit wires. sinse batt boxs r stand up, wires protrude past da body. not a good thing.
its desighnd 4 side exit lipos . hense da stand up boxs. wel it didnt do me no good so i had2 lay em bak down.

who evr designd da stand up flux batt boxs & hold down tabs deservs a punch inda face.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:00 AM
Foxy

So, looks like I have a wait ahead of me if I wait for the HP. Otherwise I could get the 2350 now. HP will be about 2 weeks, and I will want the electronics from the 2350 for something else, so it may be a cheap way to get 2 sets of electronics if I get the 2350 now.

Decisions decisions...
Old 06-15-2011, 03:12 AM
Foxy

Well, decision has been made for me in a way, LHS made me a crazy offer on the 2350, so I'll start with that. Should get it tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:39 AM
SofaKingWeToddEdd
Banned

How so?

Are you retarded son? Did you have a stroke and lose your ability to spell? Are you soo "gangsta" that you even spell like a wigger trying to be cool? I wish the mods would do something about this guy, ban his account already!

Old 06-15-2011, 02:19 PM
JesseJames

How so?

Just a little feedback. It is a bit difficult to read your post.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:29 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JesseJames

How so?

Just a little feedback. It is a bit difficult to read your post.
I totally agree with JesseJames.... Is it that hard for you (xerxes) to use proper grammer?

I run 3s in my Flux with the stock battery trays with out any issues, I did flip the trays to make getting the batteries out easier.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:39 AM
ejc34710

Its been posted before, several times. Why do you purposly go out of your way to type in the manner you are. It seems like it would be less of a hassle for you to type in proper grammar. If your trying to get noticed, you are, but not in a favorable manner. I'm almost to the point where i won't even attempt to read your posts. And to the OP, yea you don't need those nitros anymore, laying around stinking things up. I'd be more than happy, just as a friend, to take some of them off your hands. But seriously, i've been a nitro junkie for years, and years and years, but your post makes me want to go out and get a Flux.
Edit: Just read the Flux thread above this one. Xerxes, was not insulting you. Just suggesting alot of people would probably take you more serious if you typed in a more traditional way. Somehow, i don't think you really care though... Regardless, happy are-ceeing.....
Old 06-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: t9dragon
I run 3s in my Flux with the stock battery trays with out any issues, I did flip the trays to make getting the batteries out easier.
Is yours an HP or a 2350?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.