Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

New savage X 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 06:03 AM
richardtf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New savage X 2.4

Is this the RX/tx than came with the new savage x?

[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-Racing-TF-40-RF-40-2-4-Ghz-Radio-System-W-RX-TX-/350483374112?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item519a6fe020[/link]
Old 08-08-2011, 06:41 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New savage X 2.4

That is the radio that comes with the Savage X 4.6 and the E-Firestorm Flux..
Old 08-08-2011, 03:13 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

personally i would get

http://www.hobbypartz.com/fs-gt2-24ghz-radio-black.html

if you want one just like ^^^

i have this...

http://www.hobbypartz.com/fs-g3-24ghz-radio.html

it takes some getting used to but it's great

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html

i've heard mixxed reviews about this...

btw $7 rx's for all of them
Old 08-08-2011, 03:54 PM
richardtf

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

personally i would get

http://www.hobbypartz.com/fs-gt2-24ghz-radio-black.html

if you want one just like ^^^

i have this...

http://www.hobbypartz.com/fs-g3-24ghz-radio.html

it takes some getting used to but it's great

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html

i've heard mixxed reviews about this...

btw $7 rx's for all of them

awesome price!!!

does it have a built in fail safe?
my truck has reverse can i use this rx/tx?

Thanks
Old 08-08-2011, 05:23 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yea they have built in failsafe just gotta figure out how to set them (I've never bothered)

I actually have all 3 of the radios he linked they all work great IMO
The GT3B's mixed reviews I think are because its lacking some of the features the GT3 had(my main gripe), but has other features instead.
The GT2 is good too its a very simple controller
Old 08-08-2011, 05:44 PM
richardtf

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

yea they have built in failsafe just gotta figure out how to set them (I've never bothered)

I actually have all 3 of the radios he linked they all work great IMO
The GT3B's mixed reviews I think are because its lacking some of the features the GT3 had(my main gripe), but has other features instead.
The GT2 is good too its a very simple controller
if your truck have reverse will it work?
Old 08-08-2011, 06:21 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

reverse is you stop then hit the switch, and a servo moves the gear to reverse it, but you still have to use the forward throttle for gas (kinda like on a real car)

so yes
Old 08-08-2011, 06:30 PM
richardtf

reverse is you stop then hit the switch, and a servo moves the gear to reverse it, but you still have to use the forward throttle for gas (kinda like on a real car)

so yes

Okay,thanks man :-)
Old 08-08-2011, 08:50 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Those FlySky radios are not worth the $20 they're charging for them ITBJHO. Three times in the past week ThunderbirdJunkie has seen issues out of them.

Go Futaba, Airtronics, or KO or stick with your stock radio until you can afford a 3PMX, MX3, or KO UFR.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:22 AM
richardtf

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Those FlySky radios are not worth the $20 they're charging for them ITBJHO. Three times in the past week ThunderbirdJunkie has seen issues out of them.

Go Futaba, Airtronics, or KO or stick with your stock radio until you can afford a 3PMX, MX3, or KO UFR.
i was about to order and i saw your post, issue,what kind?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:09 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: richardtf

he just hates them
hell he hates most things not made by futaba, tekin, castle, airtronics, KO, or some other expensive brand

Out of all the users of them on the board I've only seen ONE person complain about them cause his failed(not sure how he coulda dropped it down a flight of stairs for all we know). You know how no other brands equipment fails ever...

Is it good for racing, that I cannot answer. Does it work for a basher like a savage yes.

Side note I've dropped mine down a flight of stairs, and its still in one piece, and works perfect :P
Old 08-09-2011, 08:40 AM
richardtf

he just hates them
hell he hates most things not made by futaba, tekin, castle, airtronics, KO, or some other expensive brand

Out of all the users of them on the board I've only seen ONE person complain about them cause his failed(not sure how he coulda dropped it down a flight of stairs for all we know). You know how no other brands equipment fails ever...

Is it good for racing, that I cannot answer. Does it work for a basher like a savage yes.

Side note I've dropped mine down a flight of stairs, and its still in one piece, and works perfect :P

LOL....

i have 2 rc a savage and revo with reverse is the FS GT2 with 3chnl receiver will it work on my revo with reverse? does it have a reverse switch?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:54 AM
richardtf

syco venom: i just called hobbypartz and they said that the FS GT2 will not work i need the fs gt3B :-)

thanks
Old 08-09-2011, 09:00 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

GT2 is 2 channel so no it wouldn't
GT3 is 3 channel, and has a switch for the 3rd by your thumb.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:26 AM
richardtf

GT2 is 2 channel so no it wouldn't
GT3 is 3 channel, and has a switch for the 3rd by your thumb.

The GT3 is it user friendly or confusing radio? :-)
Old 08-09-2011, 11:17 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

depends
the original gt3 is a tad confusing when you 1st get it. Well at least mine was. The throw curves were ALL out of whack to where I thought it was defective cause when I would turn left the wheel would go left, and when I would turn right the wheels would go right then hard left. But once I messed with the menu's(took awhile with the amount it has) and figured it out I got the settings nailed.
The GT3B was easier in that regard it has less menus, and IMO is more noobie friendly. But with that ease of use it has a few less options.

BTW they might have made revisions to them I've had mine way before they were available in the US. I ordered mine straight from china(and paid a quite a bit more than hobbypartz charges)
Old 08-09-2011, 11:41 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

The potentiometers don't last long, the reception is spotty at long-ish distances of 50ft or more (at least at ThunderbirdJunkie's outdoor and indoor tracks), they look ghetto, the menus are innavigable, the latency is horrible...You're better off buying a $50 AM radio unless you need EPAs, D/Rs, and expo.

he just hates them
Just because the case ThunderbirdJunkie keeps his 3PKS in cost 4x as much as your FlySky doesn't mean the stuff he likes is expensive, it just means you like cheap garbage and are happy with poorly performing equipment.

On the board, you've only seen ONE PERSON COMPLAIN. Know why? Because anybody with a FlySky failure is going to chalk it up to "I bought a $20-30 radio, what else should I expect? Time to go to the LHS and get something that doesn't suck".

Again, your definition of "Works perfect" and ThunderbirdJunkie's are clearly different.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:31 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

The potentiometers don't last long, the reception is spotty at long-ish distances of 50ft or more (at least at ThunderbirdJunkie's outdoor and indoor tracks), they look ghetto, the menus are innavigable, the latency is horrible...You're better off buying a $50 AM radio unless you need EPAs, D/Rs, and expo.
My one is around 2 or so years old, has fallen down stairs a few times, dropped off my car while prepping my RC's more than once, and STILL gets OVER 1/8th of a mile(I lose sight at that point) without any issues, looks are personal I think they look fine (although the orange on the GT2 I am glad they came out with more colors). Menus I'll say take some getting used to, but to make up a new word to say they are hard to navigate (which I did say at 1st they are) is going a tad too far.

I don't see your latency issue. I don't know which issue you keep bringing up.

Just because the case ThunderbirdJunkie keeps his 3PKS in cost 4x as much as your FlySky doesn't mean the stuff he likes is expensive, it just means you like cheap garbage and are happy with poorly performing equipment.
I've got no performance issues with it. It works how I want.

On the board, you've only seen ONE PERSON COMPLAIN. Know why? Because anybody with a FlySky failure is going to chalk it up to ''I bought a $20-30 radio, what else should I expect?
Time to go to the LHS and get something that doesn't suck''.

Again, your definition of ''Works perfect'' and ThunderbirdJunkie's are clearly different.
Funny I've seen people complain about cheaper things... That is YOUR opinion not substantiated by any evidence. I've searched for people complaining about them but only see people praising them.

Works perfect in my definition
Not 1 glitch, I've never ranged it, and on that note the range is farther than I can see which is somewhere around 1/8th of a mile. My 3 do all those with no issues.

So would I get a better user experience out of some futaba or whatever you want to recommend I highly doubt it. For the cost of the radio I will admit I was weary, but I'm damn glad I took the step I only wish I would have waited a little till they were sold in the US, and would have saved money on them.

I'll be honest I sometimes wonder if the one you seen was not damaged in some way.

-
I can't talk for your experience with it hell I'm sure if I had a negative experience with mine I would be on the same boat, but I love how you trash my experience with the ones I own saying I like poorly performing equipment.

EDIT: Added stuff after the -
Old 08-09-2011, 04:24 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

My one is around 2 or so years old, has fallen down stairs a few times, dropped off my car while prepping my RC's more than once, and STILL gets OVER 1/8th of a mile(I lose sight at that point) without any issues, looks are personal I think they look fine (although the orange on the GT2 I am glad they came out with more colors). Menus I'll say take some getting used to, but to make up a new word to say they are hard to navigate (which I did say at 1st they are) is going a tad too far.

I don't see your latency issue. I don't know which issue you keep bringing up.

I've got no performance issues with it. It works how I want.

On the board, you've only seen ONE PERSON COMPLAIN. Know why? Because anybody with a FlySky failure is going to chalk it up to ''I bought a $20-30 radio, what else should I expect?
Time to go to the LHS and get something that doesn't suck''.

Again, your definition of ''Works perfect'' and ThunderbirdJunkie's are clearly different.
Funny I've seen people complain about cheaper things... That is YOUR opinion not substantiated by any evidence. I've searched for people complaining about them but only see people praising them.

Works perfect in my definition
Not 1 glitch, I've never ranged it, and on that note the range is farther than I can see which is somewhere around 1/8th of a mile. My 3 do all those with no issues.

So would I get a better user experience out of some futaba or whatever you want to recommend I highly doubt it. For the cost of the radio I will admit I was weary, but I'm damn glad I took the step I only wish I would have waited a little till they were sold in the US, and would have saved money on them.

I'll be honest I sometimes wonder if the one you seen was not damaged in some way.

-
I can't talk for your experience with it hell I'm sure if I had a negative experience with mine I would be on the same boat, but I love how you trash my experience with the ones I own saying I like poorly performing equipment.

EDIT: Added stuff after the -
Sorry, but tearing a guy's FlySky down because it's receiving no input from the throttle trigger so he can make the next qualifier is not supported by evidence simply because ThunderbirdJunkie doesn't take pictures of everything he does. We wound up swapping the Rx with a Futaba R153 and ThunderbirdJunkie threw his FM module in his 3PK and we did a quick set up on his car so he could make the qual, because the potentiometer was simply not reading any throttle position at all.
ThunderbirdJunkie is not trashing FlySkys any more than you are trashing GOOD companies for being "too expensive".

If you honestly think the FlySky is as good as a 4PK, Helios, etc, that's fine, but don't expect not to get called out on it when you say such silly things.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:53 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Sorry, but tearing a guy's FlySky down because it's receiving no input from the throttle trigger so he can make the next qualifier is not supported by evidence simply because ThunderbirdJunkie doesn't take pictures of everything he does. We wound up swapping the Rx with a Futaba R153 and ThunderbirdJunkie threw his FM module in his 3PK and we did a quick set up on his car so he could make the qual, because the potentiometer was simply not reading any throttle position at all.
ThunderbirdJunkie is not trashing FlySkys any more than you are trashing GOOD companies for being ''too expensive''.

If you honestly think the FlySky is as good as a 4PK, Helios, etc, that's fine, but don't expect not to get called out on it when you say such silly things.
Seriously you are basing all your dislike for FlySky radios on one guys potentiometer dying during a race?

So what if I entered a race, and couldn't finish cause a futaba took a dump? Would that mean all futabas were crap or just that particular one?
Old 08-09-2011, 06:59 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ThunderbirdJunkie is not trashing FlySkys any more than you are trashing GOOD companies for being ''too expensive''.

Seriously you are basing all your dislike for FlySky radios on one guys potentiometer dying during a race?

So what if I entered a race, and couldn't finish cause a futaba took a dump? Would that mean all futabas were crap or just that particular one?
For one, if you read ThunderbirdJunkie's previous posts, you'd REALIZE that this is NOT the ONLY FlySky he's dealt with that's had issues. Reread.

Also, there are a LOT more Futabas out there, and they get used a LOT longer (like ThunderbirdJunkie's seven and a half year old 3PM FM) than FlySky has been around and generally available in the US, so you're far more likely to SEE a radio issue out of a Futaba.

Just because YOU like YOUR THREE (why did you have to buy THREE, anyway, if they're so good?) does not mean they're any good compared to the GOOD radios. There's a guy that races with us locally...he's one of the FlySky users...and he DNFs with either radio issues or other electronics issues (He runs Hobbywing exclusively), and has gone on record on our local forum saying "I laugh at the people that pay Tekin and KO prices".

Again, just because YOU like YOURS doesn't mean you're equipped with the knowledge to unilaterally deem ALL higher priced radios "unworthy" and a "waste of money".
Old 08-09-2011, 07:14 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

ohh i do love this ole arguement... how people assume when they suggest a cheaper Chinese radio they assume they're saying it's on par with a higher quality american unit... not even radio's batteries, servo's, this list goes on either way... as i see it the chinese stuff is a better value most of the time.... and for most people it works great, if you are running in a high stress, need everything to be perfect 100% of the time, well its the risk you take when you buy a cheaper unit, for a guy who likes a few extra features in a TX for bashing around his backyard, great... it's all about the value it has to you... for me the $60 to do just about everything is great, for Adam Drake, probally not so much... it's about your needs and what you value...

the lug
Old 08-09-2011, 07:44 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

For one, if you read ThunderbirdJunkie's previous posts, you'd REALIZE that this is NOT the ONLY FlySky he's dealt with that's had issues. Reread.

Also, there are a LOT more Futabas out there, and they get used a LOT longer (like ThunderbirdJunkie's seven and a half year old 3PM FM) than FlySky has been around and generally available in the US, so you're far more likely to SEE a radio issue out of a Futaba.

Just because YOU like YOUR THREE (why did you have to buy THREE, anyway, if they're so good?) does not mean they're any good compared to the GOOD radios. There's a guy that races with us locally...he's one of the FlySky users...and he DNFs with either radio issues or other electronics issues (He runs Hobbywing exclusively), and has gone on record on our local forum saying ''I laugh at the people that pay Tekin and KO prices''.

Again, just because YOU like YOURS doesn't mean you're equipped with the knowledge to unilaterally deem ALL higher priced radios ''unworthy'' and a ''waste of money''.
Well IF you really must know here's why I have 3
One has 8 model memory(the GT3) one has 10(GT3b) I have 14+ RC's(I don't feel like counting)... so yea math kinda says I need at least 2. I also wanted to try the GT3b cause I liked how it looked.
The GT2 was due to the fact(its even stated in the manual) Castle Creations MM is anal retentive in its calibration process(my LHS said multiple people had issues with various "name" brand radios so its not a FS only issue), and would not work with the GT3. Mind you I bought the GT2 6 months or so before the GT3b came out which does work with CC ESC's otherwise I'd only have 2 radios.

Now to my knowledge I have never said "unworthy" or "waste of money" I just said you hate the lower priced equipment. How you spend your money is your prerogative I can care less if you spend $40 or $10,000 on a radio. Hell I don't think I've said anything negative about the more expensive brands outside they are damn expensive. Unlike someone who has called all FlySkys "cheap garbage". I said my range you said you seen 50 feet... I can't comment on what kind of interference is around you that could shorten the range, or what the owners did, but all 3 of mine I can go over 1 FULL Chicago city block(our blocks are damn close to 1/8th of a mile a piece. http://www.gapersblock.com/airbags/a..._chicago_mile/ if you don't believe me I live on the north side far from downtown) before I lose visual, and just hit reverse till its in visual range again so the 3 of mine get considerably farther than 50 feet.

Also this is for a savage, if you note I said I can't respond to how it is racing, but for bashing I've never had any issues.