Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Any one seen these on a savage before?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 12:23 PM
llkoolskillet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one seen these on a savage before?

Im thinking about trying these integy extended wheel adapters for the baja on my XL, But does anyone know if it will fit?
My guess is that it will mount like the normal hex would using a nut and bolt and still retaining the purple HPI spacer from the XL. I think i would be dope widening the stance even further. However it might weaken the XL drive cup or the weak link would be the bolt.
The only thing I for sea being the issue is that Baja drive cups are larger in diameter than the XL drive cups if im correct. So maybe a smaller diameter tube could fit inside the larger one kinda like a washer to eliminate the gap. Hmm as i write this it seems more and more like it will work.
Still tho question remains, anyone seem them on a savage before?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Integy-A...item4cf9fac7be
Old 10-14-2011, 01:11 PM
sparky 25

Default RE: Any one seen these on a savage before?

Im thinking they would be a waste of time,

even trying getting them to fit would be challenging ,

there would be a lot of slop even with an adaptor sleeve slide up inside, not to mention the way larger drive pin hole on the baja adaptors,

then theres the price at around $50

save your time and money and fit these to your savage

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-102530-A...item4aaf79dcec
Old 10-14-2011, 05:35 PM
jbooker82
My Feedback: (4)

I dont know what the fun driving a RC car that is impossible to wheelie and roll would be. I like my savage short and narrow that way it is still a monster truck rather than an on road car with extreem suspension travel.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:50 AM
llkoolskillet

ORIGINAL: sparky 25

Im thinking they would be a waste of time,

even trying getting them to fit would be challenging ,

there would be a lot of slop even with an adaptor sleeve slide up inside, not to mention the way larger drive pin hole on the baja adaptors,

then theres the price at around $50

save your time and money and fit these to your savage

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-102530-A...item4aaf79dcec
I already have those on both my XLs i was just thinking it would be cool if you could widen the stance even more for better handling. I will say this, the HPI sway bar kit is amazing and improved my handling 10 fold.

Dont get me wrong i love the monster truck but i like most get frustrated when it flipps over and your running to flip it back over. Granted its driver error most of the time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68755.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	1674593  
Old 10-15-2011, 07:42 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dunno about aluminum in that spot. If it was steel I would say they might work fine, but aluminum (specially integys) is pretty soft in comparison. I'm betting after a jump or 2 one would bend (specially if one wheel hit before the other 3)
Just my opinion though