Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Complete Tear Down And Clean what to use?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 11:26 PM
sharkattack99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete Tear Down And Clean what to use?

what do you guys use for to completely clean your rc's? im going to be tearing down my savage and clean it up really good and replace old parts with some new ones. do you use a big bowl and some warm soapy water or something else? something that wont stink up the place. thanks.

shark
Old 01-16-2012, 12:59 AM
jbooker82
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Complete Tear Down And Clean what to use?

I use odonals car wash. I think it is just relabled and dyed simple green though.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:31 AM
saucySavy
My Feedback: (2)

I just use a wet rag and some paper towels, and nitro car cleaner for the greasy parts. Nothing much you can do besides a little bit of elbow grease. Once its time to put it all together again, use WD-40 or some kind of lubricant on all the bearings, just to keep them rust free and smooth.
I just did the same to my savage last week, and for the first time it finally looks like its out of the box

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59686.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	1714886  
Old 01-16-2012, 09:51 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just use baby butt wipes to clean mine..
Old 01-16-2012, 02:15 PM
sharkattack99

ORIGINAL: jbooker82

I use odonals car wash. I think it is just relabled and dyed simple green though.
yeah i have some of that stuff almost out though so i got some simple green.

do you just use it right out of the bottle?or do you mix it like it states? thanks for the info guys.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:50 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Remove all the electronics plus wheels and bearings if you are willing. Wash the entire thing with hot water and "Purple Power" in the laundry room sink. You can find it at any auto parts store or Wal-Mart. Use a toothbrush to scrub it down. Rinse with hot water and use an air compressorand acloth todry it off quickly.

Use disc brake cleaner or nitro car cleaner on the bearings and drive shafts then re-lube them with light oil. WD works but I prefer a dip in Marvel Mystery Oil; again available at auto parts stores or America's biggest retailer. Dry off the excess oil then reassemble.

The tires can be washed with Purple Power too but, this stuff can remove chrome finishes from wheels. So, if you're concerned about the bling on your rims, just use Dawn dish soap as it has some de-greasing qualities to it. For the ultimate showroom finish, apply some Armor Allfor a new car shine; traction, however, will be compromised.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:40 AM
llkoolskillet

I completely tear everything down remove all electronics and bearings and i fill the bath tub up with warm water and use an old tooth brush to scrub everything. Its free and the truck looks brand new minus all the scratches and gouges. But i will say that you will need something like simple green to clean the tub with afterwards. THis for me is by far the fastest and easiest way to clean my trucks. Plus it gives you a chance to fully look over everything on the truck.