Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New HPI 1/8 Gassers

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

But Ford did have it in 1985, so there.
    what model?

oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers!-savagex,-savagexl,-savageflux,-revo3.3,-tmaxx3.3,-losi aftershock ltd

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://youtu.be/UhvEMv3Xa-0?t=5m35s

A little look at these engines. Not that anyone cares anymore since this thread has devolved so much.
    OFNA Jammin CRT.5e, stock sprint 2 drift, Savage Flux (4S), slash (just a roller for now)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

25:1 fuel mix? That thing has to have at least a needle bearing big end and a ringed piston. I'm liking this little guy more and more. Looks like my short course truck is decided. Apache SC with this engine.
    My stash:
    1 rally modded NTC3, 1 HeliMax Axe CX Nano, 1 Hobbico NexSTAR.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

http://youtu.be/UhvEMv3Xa-0?t=5m35s

A little look at these engines. Not that anyone cares anymore since this thread has devolved so much.
    Finally back on topic. The more I see the more I like. Any word on when its going on sale?
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Next month. They put March 2012 on the release they posted on their website. I'm keeping an eye on Tower, they'll undoubtedly start offering pre-orders any day now.
    My stash:

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

still no engine specs out yet? I want to see this engine dismantled

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I do too. A video filmed at the Nurmburg Toy Fair claims a 25:1 oil mix so chances are it's ringed with at minimum a needle bearing big end on the rod, but I definitely do want to see for myself.
    My stash:

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

this has seriously peaked my interest. even now i'm thinking of a dual engine setup on gas in a savage. that would sound awesome
    So glad to have a savage again. Time to make it handle less like a savage.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: djyjrlz

this has seriously peaked my interest. even now i'm thinking of a dual engine setup on gas in a savage. that would sound awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioGFZEAa90A
    Sweet Savage, Associated RC8, firestorm, 1/16 summit vxl

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: saucySavy

That's awesome!! First gasser of any kind I've ever heard that sounded cool... If these new gasser Savages sound nearly that cool and have that kind of oomph, man..... Awesome..
    Nitro > stamp collecting, watching grass grow, cleaning room, etc.. > electric.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

That's awesome!! First gasser of any kind I've ever heard that sounded cool... If these new gasser Savages sound nearly that cool and have that kind of oomph, man..... Awesome..
    Actually they're glow four strokes. OS FS40-C times two. Very rare engines, very nice engines.
    My stash:

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That is awesome. Grinning from ear to ear.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know everyone is wondering what these little motor's can do, but I'm wondering what supertib could do to one once it comes out. I guess in the next few months we will know if these little guys can handle a clockworks mod.
    pt.1 http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Rids9ycMW2k
    pt.2 http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vCTWvrJc-RE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pythonfan

I know everyone is wondering what these little motor's can do, but I'm wondering what supertib could do to one once it comes out. I guess in the next few months we will know if these little guys can handle a clockworks mod.
    Im also excited to mod these things. Adding spark to the table gives more options for modding (custom ignition curve, advancing the timing, different fuel sources..)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Marco810

Im also excited to mod these things. Adding spark to the table gives more options for modding (custom ignition curve, advancing the timing, different fuel sources..)

Anyone wanna take bets on how long it takes to conjure up an insert that accepts an OS 8 glow plug, fitting a slide carb from, say, an AE 8.0, and running it as a glow engine?
    My stash:

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 378

Anyone wanna take bets on how long it takes to conjure up an insert that accepts an OS 8 glow plug, fitting a slide carb from, say, an AE 8.0, and running it as a glow engine?
    I was thinking more along the lines of straight methanol or other alcohol. lot cheaper and easyer to acces than nitro and would still perform

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

NO DISRESPECT,I think the pics are a little tacky-1 none of he vehicles seem to have an exhaust. 2 In the pic no. 2,3 n 4 there isn't any pressure line coming out of the fuel tank. 3 the savage seems to have the chassis of an xl,tyres n rims of the 2011 X,bumpers of an X and the shocks of the 2011 X
    Pleas throw some light on ther for me.
    Regards
    Abhishek Mishra

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: indianrc

NO DISRESPECT,I think the pics are a little tacky-1 none of he vehicles seem to have an exhaust. 2 In the pic no. 2,3 n 4 there isn't any pressure line coming out of the fuel tank. 3 the savage seems to have the chassis of an xl,tyres n rims of the 2011 X,bumpers of an X and the shocks of the 2011 X
    Pleas throw some light on ther for me.
    Regards
    Abhishek MishraΒ*
    They're just prototypes released for the show, they're not 100% finished working out the details and i'm sure they wanted to have some stuff vs nothing done for the show and i'm also betting they had a lot more done than what they were showing...

and that is subject to change and the exaust that was in there was just for show...

the lug
    Savage Flux 2350 Evader ST Pro EXT \'\'Detta ST E Choas, HPI E Firestrom Novus CP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 378

I was thinking more along the lines of straight methanol or other alcohol. lot cheaper and easyer to acces than nitro and would still perform

It already exists and can be bought from any hobby shop that does a lot of plane stuff. Ask for low oil FAI fuel and you should end up with a gallon of fuel consisting of 12-15% castor oil and 85-88% methanol.
    My stash:

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I want this truck. The only problem is, I see no mention of a complete truck being offered...only an engine "system". My question is WILL there be a truck? and is that whats coming in March? confused
    SAVAGE X SS
    Losi LST #4515
    LOSI 8T
    JRXT
    LXT
    XXT
    XXXT
    XXXNT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

That is awesome. Grinning from ear to ear.

yes it is...
    I was really sad when Os stopped the 46 car version and then the 26 version....
    I think to many it was intimidating trying to setup the proper gearing.....
    Many guys have said that no way a 4-stroke can compete with the 2strokes in the 1/8 scale buggies and cars....

I really would love to have all 4-strokes in mine....
    sounds soo much better, and doesn't p-off the neighbors ....

thanks for posting.
    If you can\'\'\'\'t dazzle em with brilliance,baffle em with BS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, its me. Been busy with other things after I "retired" from RC last year. Built new PC gaming rig and busy with Skyrim, BF3, Star Wars Old Republic and soon Mass Effect 3

Also been under new therapy and taking new OCD drug and paying off debt and deciding were to go with my life in this 2012 year.

Just recently decided to "check in" with what was going on in the RC world. Heard about the huge Losi Five T monster, Traxxas's new 100mph speed demon, and a 4WD HPI SC Apache which is guess is their answer to the Slash 4x4.

THen I just saw and read about this..... damn you HPI. I just might have to get back into RC once again for a gas powered Savage. I'll be lurking in the shadows and watching....

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/nurnberg/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

THen I just saw and read about this..... damn you HPI. I just might have to get back into RC once again for a gas powered Savage. I'll be lurking in the shadows and watching....
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!
    If Jesus was put to death 40yrs ago instead of 2000, would everyone be wearing little electric chairs around their necks?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no new news? this is killing me....
    SAVAGE X SS
    Losi LST #4515
    LOSI 8T
    JRXT
    LXT
    XXT
    XXXT
    XXXNT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It looks like they have part of the crank is thick....looks like this is where the wieght is added to keep it running....
    Then they cut the crank down to a normal clutch bell size....HMMMM I hope this works out well...But why reinvent the wheel

Nice video/comercial.....
    If you can\'\'\'\'t dazzle em with brilliance,baffle em with BS

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast