Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Charger for two 2s 35-75c 4000mah batteries

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Charger for two 2s 35-75c 4000mah batteries

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 11:53 AM
450power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charger for two 2s 35-75c 4000mah batteries

Hi guys, after buying my four batteries for my savage flux, i am wondering what is a good, cheap and fast charger that can preferably charge two batteries at the same time and one that can connect to a house outlet. I am really stumped and do not know which one to get. I was looking at this charger http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html that has great reviews, but it does not have a connector to a normal outlet so i dont know how to charge the batts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-12-2012, 04:22 PM
R/C Lightweight

Default RE: Charger for two 2s 35-75c 4000mah batteries

Looks like you'll need a DC power supply for that charger. It looks like a great charger for the $.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:16 AM
chonyc77

I have been using a Hi-tec X4 charger that charges 4 packs at a time for all my charging needs. I primarily use it to charge my Savage flux batteries. Im currently using Sky lipos which are 7.4v 5000 mah 40c and have had zero problems with charger or batteries. The Sky lipos are excellent packs for the money ($24 bucks) and i have bought about 12 packs over the last year or so.

Some of these packs have about 60 cycles through them and still hold a perfect charge, they have not ballooned, and are still balanced within .2 volts of one another.

The charger is also re-branded by a few other companies i have seen. Cant remember the other companies names but im sure someone on here will know what im talking about. Hi-tec has also recently came out with the same version of the X4 charger, which is now AC/DC capable. You can now plug it into a power supply or your house outlet or car battery. Great charger at a great price IMO.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:06 AM
450power

WOW! thats a great price for those batteries. Can you tell me where i can buy them? Thanks.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:50 AM
chonyc77

ORIGINAL: 450power

WOW! thats a great price for those batteries. Can you tell me where i can buy them? Thanks.
Sure thing! Check out Hoby Partz. They offer great service and great pirces, especially when they throw their already cheap stuff on sale.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Ziggmiester

Hobby King is a great place to shop for some cheap rc stuff. In order to run that beast of a charger, you need a DC power supply. Problem is the watt requirement is pretty high. You'd be looking for a supply that can pump out that 400w...probably one something around 35 amps.
There are other chargers on hobbyking that would require a whole lot less power that would make shopping for the power supply a bit easier. Your choice!

-Mike
Old 02-20-2012, 10:41 PM
450power

Thanks mike, i read some reviews and realised that if i spend 500$ on a savage flux, might as well buy a trustworthy charger and not a cheap one, so i went with the onyx 245 dual lipo charger.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:18 PM
chonyc77

ORIGINAL: 450power

Thanks mike, i read some reviews and realised that if i spend 500$ on a savage flux, might as well buy a trustworthy charger and not a cheap one, so i went with the onyx 245 dual lipo charger.
That looks like a pretty good charger (Onyx 245).

I had a similar charger i bought about 4 years ago also made by same company which looked exactly the same. The only difference was that it charged everything except lipos. For the most part, it was pretty trouble free in the time that i used it. I think you will be happy with that charger for your needs. Enjoy!